The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Cubensis

My reindeer came across a heap of little fellers among the big red Flys -He said they are light tan, small,white stemmed and a little umbrella looking! with brown peak.He also said the gills were white/off white,and after treading on one-no blue stain.

Do all Psilocybian mushrooms stain blue??

Yeah - and its hard to say what you have there without more info. QWhat colour was the spore print? Location it was growing *(wood debris) - as it sounds like a desription that could fit Galerina which are common in Southern Australia.

If it grows on wood or manure and doesnt stain blue, it aint active in Australia.

Growing in grass and lychen (lichen?) you know mossy stuff :D havn't done spore print yet, got too xcited-will go back tomorrow and get fresh spec's and do a print-What should I expect??

This place is loaded with fungi-spore print comes out brown on this one-picked a small red strange looking short one nearby had a twisted stem??,brown print as well(not fly I know they spray white)!!

Should I look for wood loving fungi?

I think our sheep(one)ate something weird yesterday-back legs wouldn't work and kept leaning against the wall-my partner said she saw tiny white shrooms in the area, picked one and stained blue??

[ 04. April 2003, 00:17: Message edited by: mescalito ]

The little red one's was darker-the gold top looking one came out tan??