The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

It's the season to be jolly.....

After a dismal season last year (thanks to el nino), this year is shaping up to be a truely magic summer.

Sadly we dozed most of our best paddocks this year, so not many growing there (although interestingly they are even popping up on the bare dirt). I've been seeing them all around the neighbourhood for a few days now and hippies with shopping bags roaming the same fields. It's our second wet patch this summer and probably the most prolific time for this season.

Mt Chincogan (where Wandjina Gardens is) got 10 inches of rain in less than 24 hours last night. First the drought and now we're flooded in with phonecables cut. Bad timing for us due to extensive earthworks getting washed away :(

Anyway, showers expected for only another day or two, so anyone planning a pilgrimage should make up their mind quickly or wait for the next on-shore wind system or disintegrating cyclone (happy to give earlier notice next time).

A friend reported agarics poping up everywhere! Know that im jealous! If only we could have some of that rain...

I certainly hope this saturday will not be too late to witness this phenomona? would hate to drive 7 hours to be dissapointed. umm hopfully ill see you this weekend torsten , looking forward to seeing wanjinda.

it's still raining. In fact it seems to be raining too much for the fungus as many liquefy soon after fully opening up.

Saw lots of Panaeolus cyanescens today - or whatever they are. Looks like they are a bit slower than cubes.

Found any more of your mystery mushroom?

no, I've only been on that paddock once and found one that was too small and is probably just a Pan cy. Took a print of it anyway, but didn't have my camera.

raining on and off all day today out here, keep it coming, maybe there will be something to be jolly for out this end

I may be able to shed some light on why you have so few Pan cyans around.

It's not that they're not many comming up, it's more a matter of how long the hang around for.

They seem to dissappear shortly after sunrise

I got a couple of quite large (~50mm) specimens and took many prints.

I must now answer the call of the Humungous Dung Fungus Amoung Us.

Originally posted by Mesqualero:

Whatever mushrooms don't get picked ....

I think that's what Adrian was getting at

Mesq, I think you missed the humour.....

I get up much later than him.

Ah... Ohhhhh well slap me silly... now don't I look like the ultra serious one hehehe

sorry.

I found that certain other mushrooms did a dissappearing act last season as well and the patch always had these private school kids hanging around it. mmm...

[ 08. March 2003, 09:27: Message edited by: bluemeanie ]