The Corroboree
Scotty

Making dried cubes taste nice

This may already be known but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I grew some cubensis a few years ago and dried and powdered them. I had a few very enjoyable experiences with them but always gagged when eating it (first time in 2min noodles, next in a strawberry milk). Anyway, I put them in a jar with an oxygen removing sachel from a pizza base and did a bit of travelling.

Later, almost 2 years after storing them - I had some on a camping trip and mixed them with a strong mix of "Tang" orange-juice powder and water. I couldn't even taste the mushie powder at all and the effect was still strong after all that time (I had about 1 heaped dessertspoon of powder).

If it wasn't illegal I'd recommend trying it.

Tang makes sense. It's orange flavoured right? well, mixing the dry stuff into some crisp orange juice isone of the standard ways of getting it down. however don't overdo the orange juice, as it can bring the trip to an early conclusion.

Does that mean if your gnome is having a bad trip you could give a heap of OJ to get him out of it torsten?

"Does that mean if your gnome is having a bad trip you could give a heap of OJ to get him out of it torsten?"

Yep, thats exactly the advice I have been given in Amsterdam. I think I have read it somewhere as well. Never needed to use the advice fortunatley. Dunno why or how, but maybe its antioxidant activity helps mop up nasty radicals and helps the brain recover its balance of its tryptamines. Anyone any other theories.

While we're on the subject, anyone know how Thorazine stops LSD in its tracks?

Kai.

We blend dried cubies into fine powder and drink with a beer, milk, lemon juice or coldish soup (which works best as its already chunky)

I find um sory my "gnome" finds that if he places a teaspoon of powder in hes mouth and than puts a chocky biscuit in there the biscuit masks the taste nicley. and snakes make good after taste remover.

[This message has been edited by shroomy (edited 24 June 2002).]

Originally posted by Smiling Cloud:

Does that mean if your gnome is having a bad trip you could give a heap of OJ to get him out of it torsten?

Orange juice appears to terminate the trip quicker. It's not like niacin kills LSD, but at least it shortens things a little when they go bad.

spiraleyes- aint that a quote about cacti??

eye!

but shirley t'as the same qualities wink.gif

sorry bluemeanie,by your name i can see how you'd take that personally :P

dont let the peas invade the gravy rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

beer used to b my favourite way of getting fungi down.

Haven't tried honey, but I am sure that it should be a nice way of consuming!

speaking of fungi, I had my first home grown with my girlfriend. It was very good!

Speaking of the edible kind of course! wink.gif

Be well

You could always encapsulate them. Most pharmacies sell empty geletin capsules fairly cheaply. And it's fairly easy to make a capsule packing board.

Spiral - mean by name not by nature smile.gif