The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

First person to be arrested for possession of salvia plant (Italy)

a friend posted this on another list:

Salvia divinorum is illegal in Italy from March 2005 ; near a week ago, last

May 19th, a student has been arrested in Turin, when Carabinieri found a

Salvia plant growing in his flat.

This is the 1st arrest correlated with Salvia divinorum , in Italy.

http://www.antiproibizionisti.it/notizia.asp?n=3084

Been any Australian arrests ?

not that I am aware.

it is my experience that authorities rnt all that bright most fo the time and they might have a hard time distinguishing it form other salvias

Dodgy english babelfish translation:

DRUG: To TURIN The FIRST SEIZURE OF SALVIA DIVINORUM

Source: Adnkronos

The POLICE OFFICERS FIND ALSO FUNGI MEXICAN HALLUCINOGENS

TURIN, 19 May 2005 - From the first moment it seems a furnishing plant and until some month it makes its leaves came sold liberations in the so-called ' the Smart shop'. But from the slid summer the ministry of the Sanita' has inserted it in table 1 of the drugs and psicotrope and in these days the police officers have carried out the first seizure to Turin of salvia divinorum found to house of one student university Italian who e' be arrested.

After a series of signallings the soldiers of the Radiomobile nucleus have begun of the controls that have them capacities in two various apartments of the citta', a mansarda of the center where e' be found salvia and a lodging in which a pluripregiudicato Serbian young person e' be found in possession of 11 grams of psilocybe cubensis, a fungus Mexican hallucinogen.

Draft of two episodes that do not have connection between they but that they have seen to end in jail the two boys, both of 22 years with the accusation of detainment to the ends of sale of illegal or counterfeit items of drugs to which e' added for the Italian also that one of cultivation and production. In its mansarda the soldiers, beyond to salvia the divinorum have found also 45 seeds of hemp Indiana, two containers containing leaves of marijana dealt with dissolvents verosibilmente for the production of oil and beyond 5 mila euro in small denomination banknotes, probably the proceeds of the sale of the drugs.

The fungi hallucinogens find to you to house of the Serb were in part gia' manifacture to you in small doses from 0,5 grams ciascuna inserted to the inside of the containers of the surprise of the ovetti of chocolate. Both the seized substances make effects similar to the Lsd and can have serious consequences also much. Salvia the divinorum e' be inserted in the directory of the drugs also as a result of a under way inquiry the slid year from the Turinese proxy Raffaele Guariniello on the free sale of this type of substance.

Read this:

New Italian drug law becomes toughest in Europe.

27-11-2003

Italy's centre-right government has approved a proposal making it an offence to possess and use even the smallest quantities of mild narcotics. The move could give Italy some of Europe's most severe anti-drugs laws.

People caught with modest amounts of cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy and other drugs will be subject to penalties such as deprivation of their passports and driving licences. Those with larger amounts will face prison sentences of up to 20 years.

The proposal goes further than anti-drugs legislation in other European Union countries by abolishing the distinction between so-called "soft" and "hard" drugs. It also virtually turns existing Italian law on its head by starting from the principle that it is drug use, rather than drug abuse, that must be stamped out.

In a referendum in April 1993, Italians voted to decriminalise the possession of drugs such as cannabis for personal use. The vote reflected the social reality of a country in which consumption of mild drugs had become increasingly common and whose sunny climate permits extensive cultivation of marijuana, notably in large plantations in the mezzogiorno, or south.

Source:The Financial Times and The Guardian.

Btw, with the European Law that's coming things will be bad for our country. Our headcity will decide the laws for Europe. I guess we'll have a tougher druglaw than before. It was 'legal' for a while to posses pot, smoke pot at home and grow it but now the law is gettin' tougher again and now with that European Law .. I'm very afraid.

The french and holland people already voted no on the referendum. Good job.

We in our country aren't able to vote this law :( .. and say we live in a democratic world

quote:

The french and holland people already voted no on the referendum. Good job.

I agree , and are suprised that there has been no coment on this around here so far.The French used to really shit me with the way they treated the South Pacific , but as time goes by I am earning a new found repect for there system of goverment.I am relieved to see that the French and the Dutch have said no to the Anglo-American model , and hope like hell the EU takes it up to the Americans in a way i wish Australia would. The EU shows such great promise , i just hope it can deliver.

He should have said it was Italian tobacco :)