The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Latest TGA scheduling information (April 05)

No big surprises this time.

2-CT-2, 2-CT-7, 2CI and 5MeO-AMT are now schedule 9 effective from September 1, 2005.

Ketamine has been moved from schedule 4 to S8 effective from 1st of May 2005.

Hyoscyamus niger has been restricted (S2) for ORAL USE only. I guess that makes witches salves legal

Strychnos sp has been deleted from appendix G and has been placed in schedule 4 in a rather interesting wording.

"Strychnos spp EXCEPT in preparation containing 1mg of less per litre or per kilogram of strychnine."

This strictly translates to Strychnos being S4 unless it is a contaminant of pure strychnine. ie, if you want to import a 1g seed of strychnos just have it shipped in ton of strychnine and you are not breaking the law

But seriously, english obviously isn't their strong point and I presume they mean that Strychnos is S4 unless it is used in a preparation and this preparation contains less than 1/100,000th of strychnine.

Torsten-

do you have any useful links to tga related information??

ive been looking through the TGA's site because i still dont really understand what each schedule actually means, i.e i would like to know what the information you have just given us means. The TGA webiste is an absolute joke...

cheers

EDIT: found the related document, pdf now im just after somethign otulining exactly what each schedule means.

***E***

[ 21. April 2005, 15:14: Message edited by: min(E)rval ]

each schedule is defined in the SUSDP, but that doesn't help cos this is not online.

Basically

S1 empty

S2 prescription

S3 prescription or medic/vet/dentist

S4 medic/dental/vet supply as well as substances not evaluated properly

S5 Hazardous poisons that require caution in handling & storage, must be available to public

S6 Poisons more hazardous than S5 that require caution in handling & storage, must be available to public

S7 Poisons that require special handling & storage precautions or special labelling.

S8 Poisons that fall under the definition of Drugs of Dependence as per definition by some royal commission.

S9 Drugs of abuse that should be prohibited except in quantities required for scientific research.

[ 21. April 2005, 16:05: Message edited by: Torsten ]

where do qualified herbal therapists fit into all this? I understand that once i finish my degree (in like 3-4yrs) i will be able to obtain a licence to grow, posess and prescribe plants which other people wouldnt have access to...

i know that i will cover this information in the second year of my course (which im still in the proces of transferring into), but i really would like to know the perks of being certified....

i figure it means that i can posess/grow things which fall into s2-s4???

t do u have any idea about this?

I am not so sure just what difference the degree makes minerval. I believe there is some restiction on the general public buying and selling some herbal extracts, especially in bulk and especially if they are not labelled with dosage instructions. But I don't know where they draw the line. eg, why is it legal for anyone to sell peppermint tea, but only herbalists are allowed to sell peppermint tincture.

I've been meaning to make enquiries about this for a while and I know just who to ask....

stand by

[ 22. April 2005, 13:05: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Thanks for the heads up torsten. I had just read the pdf thismorning, and was relieved to read in your post something I skipped past in my read... that is the new scheduling of these substances begins Sept 1 this year...

Does this mean purchasing 2c-I over the internet is not against the law here in Aust until Sept?? Do we still have a window of opportunity?

On another note, I have one internet supplier, though it is quite expensive, if anyone out there has a good research supplier could they pm me??

Thanks for the help!

I would think these substances are already covered under analogs laws. I personally wouldn't import them.

mr interest sounds like a journalist! :D

quote:

Ketamine has been moved from schedule 4 to S8 effective from 1st of May 2005.

Torsten, thanks for the update. I noticed that this move was motivated by concern re: the diversion of ketamine from veterinary and other medical uses to the recreational market.

Ketamine has always been of great interest to me, though I have only limited experience with it. As a child, in 1976, following an accident which required significant stitching to my knee, I recall an operation at a Clifton Hill Medical Centre (Victoria) where ketamine was used for twilight anaesthesia, resulting in a powerful experience, including 'a dissociative feeling as though I were outside of my body watching the operation from above" (Personal Journal, no. 4991, p. 54).

If you ever need to chat to people who have a spiritual connection to ketamine may I suggest our forum mascot 'chemical shaman'.

But seriously, english obviously isn't their strong point

I'm not surprised.

In my opinion the TGA people would have to have very low IQs, have else could they justify their majorly utterly stupid decisions and bans?

Most of the TGA people would be on the the same stupidity level as their buddy j. Howard...

[ 05. June 2005, 00:03: Message edited by: gomaos ]