The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jasemateau

cacti id's

T it may be a silly thing to mention in some perspectives.

how ever i was wonder if there should a sub menu in the Cacti & Succulents collum relating to cacti id's exclusivly,

i dont want to elaberate why i thought it may be worth mentioning.

it could end up working like a perminant reference to cacti id's combating,the new cacti id request every few days........

just a thought.

This software does not allow nested forums, so the ony way I can do this is to establish a whole new category. I was trying to avoid that.

Is this really a problem yet? I quite like seeing the ID questions because it makes me wonder what I've got here.

Maybe you can just to make one of those featured topics called cacti id.

Everyone sticks it in there, and it's a good reference to go back on.

We could make a group effort to establish a database of IDd cactus images. Everyone posts photos of their cacti, we all help ID the uncertain ones, then we create a wiki page with the consensually agreed (haha) IDs.

Too many sub-forums are not good because they devitalze a forum. To make a sticky Thread for the ID´s would be very practicable but i assume it would also become more complex and confusing. Another option could be to make an ID Forum for all kind of plants but probably that would also mean confusion. I don´t have a particular opinion on that. If you ask me, i had no Problems to keep the current appearance of the cacti forum

As there are a lot of quality pics posted on this board, it would be very cool to archive them. It´s sad that Trouts Trichocereus Info Page hasn´t been updated for that long.But i´m pretty sure it´s a hell of a work to keep all links alive.

[ 22. August 2005, 16:22: Message edited by: Evil Genius ]

creach:

We could make a group effort to establish a database of IDd cactus images. Everyone posts photos of their cacti, we all help ID the uncertain ones, then we create a wiki page with the consensually agreed (haha) IDs.

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Only in the past few months have I really started to question what I've actually got, and having a consensus of sorts would be good.

i did'nt want to cause such a comotion, i thought i should mention it

because the id's pop every few days it seems. well i dont really care what my cacti are called seen as i find it hard to pronouce many if the names, and lets face it many pronuciations vary from one to another.

latin is certainly not easy to pick up if your primary language is english.

but back to the subject, i thought perhaps if there was a sub section acting exclusivly to id's it may vary well answer questions before they are asked.

poo