The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thelema

long-post pagination

i have meant to mention this for years now, is it possible to break long posts up into pages, so that we dont have to download the whole friggin lot? or if there IS pagination, how about decreasing the overall length of each page?

we used to have it paginated, so it can't be for years that you wanted to mention this

Therw was a reason why it was changed. It was a good reason at the time, but I can't remember it so I don't know if it is still a good reason.

Does anyone remember. Might try a search here.

I persoanlly prefer the one page thread as it avoids people posting out of turn... ie, with pagination what often happens is that an old thread is revived, someone reads it thinking it is a new one and then makes a totally irrelevant comment, others then discuss this irrelevant comment until one of the elders steps in to point out they are all 18 months too late, at which point they'll start discussing the same issues again. There are plenty of such examples on various forums, incl EA.

I could compromise and make the pagination quite long so that only occasional exceptionally long threads will require a second page.

i reckon 20 posts a page would be good.

that way there would only be about 1 post a year that spilt into 3 pages

i personally hate pagination, but see the benefits for others, better forum software could fix this by allowing personal options for layout, but this forum works fine.

i think spliting into more pages would be a good idea, because i must admit to have avoided taking a look at posts like ed, whats the story about hoodia or goms alcohol alternatives, simply because the download takes to looong, and by the time it is loaded,

my brain sparckle has subsided...

Broadband makes a huge difference , but i know that not all have access.It would be good if we could bookmark favorite threads , and keep them in our profile , just makes finding those favorite posts easier. :P