The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thelema

can't alter/change profile!

it keeps giving me "the date you have provided does not exist or is from the future"

what frigging date?

I've tried messing around with my computer clock to no avail either!

I got that too. I told it my birth date (in the birth date slot) and it worked. Try it.

I have found that the birthdate is a good way to gauge the behaviour of people who cause problems here. ie, responses from moderators vary depending on the age of the person they are dealing with. It prevents a lot of dramas.

Thus the birthdate is a compulsory detail in your registration. It must be a valid date.

if you choose to give a false date then that will work, but it doesn't help anyone. At least enter the year truthfully... roughly.

oh I see. The problem here was caused by the introduction of "birthdate" as a mandatory field.

It is not marked as such. Conducting some sort of demographic analysis of your visitors, T?

na, Thelema. I got better things to do

The reason is purely for conflict resolution. You have to approach a 40 year old psychotic a little different to a 17 year old raver who's coming down hard on a monday morning. I have really put my foot in it a couple of times in the last couple of years and knowing the approximate age can often help to prevent that.