The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Thelema

police conspiracy theory

Guest Thelema

maybe its just me, i have always thought a healthy dose of paranoia was implicated with being human...but just lately has anyone noticed strange guests and likewise on chilli-sauce? One of them was a policeman.

Also a recent influx of daytrippers asking for crazy things like mitragyna extract, e.novagratenese seed, all sorts of things closer and more on the fringes of legality than what we usually get.

Maybe its just me. Just i feel this is one of those times of the year when we should bite our lips a little.

"asking for crazy things... on the fringes of legality"

Dont you have entrapment laws over there?

In the US if a cop asks to buy/get something illegal from you and you give it to him you wont be convicted because its entrapment and thus an illegal bust.

But yes I'm sure we are being watched (Hi DEA smile.gif, write any good propoganda lately?). After all this is a public place, even if there are no cops or feds there is always the ameture narcs that think the internet is what led their kids to crack.

A person is paranoid if they THINK that EVERYONE is always out to get them.

A person is realistic if they KNOW that SOME people are always out to get them.

Personally, I'm realistic with a hint of paranoid.

Guest Mesqualero

Thelema, I have always been of the opinion that we should be watching some of the things that are discussed in the public forums, especially when it comes to illegal chemical drugs... and other illegal stuff.

The only reason is that I would like the Ethnobotany community to be far removed from the "Drug scene" in terms of its public face.

But as far as your concerns of the Chat room being watched... How do you know that the person you talked to was really a police person?? I have chatted to people who say they were girls when they are guys.... etc etc

The internet is a world where people don't have to be what they really are... I would not be so concerned about police in the chat room, I mean it's not like we are criminals is it?? Plus there is always the option (if you are using Mirc or anotherIRC chat program) to establish a DCC Chat (Direct Cable Connection) this means you are bypassing the Chat server and are connected directly to each others computers.

I do agree that now as always is a time for discretion... or maybe these forums should not be so attached to SAB for surely if the authorities found fault with the forums they would find fault with SAB ??

Dunno thats my 2 cents

shaman australis corroboree rules polices and disclaimers "we at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you"

therefore anyone posting details of criminal activity or personal info does so at their own risk. although members of the ethnobotanical community see their activities as distinct from those of drug users at large, im not sure whether the police would always view these activities in the same light. im also certain that sites like this are monitored by the police from time to time. before i registered, id visited sab for a few months and was impressed by the high quality of the information here and also the friendliness and overall vibe of the forum: props torsten. however, it is probably worth pointing out that when i lived in japan, shops existed where you could buy dried mushrooms and peyote, and semi permanent street vendors sold aya., ghb and 5meo (semi-legal or illegal at the time) in the vicinity of the biggest train stations in tokyo without any hastles from the cops. this has all changed, the headshops have closed down and the open street stalls have disappeared. all it took was a few adverse reports in the press and the government, which had turned a blind eye to these activities for years, clamped down. while i doubt the people asking for e. novagratenese etc. are cops, they should be aware of way these requests may affect the perception of the ethnobotanic community and bring unwanted attention to it, as well as blurring the distinction between the ethnobotanical community and the wider and more high profile drug scene. demonstrate common sense, and hopefully we have a quality, vibrant community for years to come.

Whoa, now theres two of them.

Something to do with the government no doubt.

Actually, I was thinking last night, and it occured to me:

4 and 20 blackbirds in a blackbird pie

Fourandtwenty Pie brand

4:20 marijuana counterculture thing

*taps nose*

You tell me this doesn't have something to do with Roswell.

rather than fearing the authorities, it is easier to simply operate in a way that leaves no option for either them or you. What I mean by this is that you shouldn't have ayahuasca brews, peyote buttons, etc sitting around the house. When you get them eat them and talk about it afterwards - but not before.

As for revealing any personal details of forum members, this goes right against my beliefs and won't happen (unless the person killed someone etc and then only in relation to that offence). It is a standard disclaimer for the bulletin board (ie not written by me. I only wrote the first few paragraphs) and I will edit that out.

SAB (the business) is now run 100% to avoid legal confrontations. I don't have the time for legal shit right now. We feel we can do more good by finding loopholes and exploiting them, rather than flagrantly breaking laws or pushing the grey area envelope.

The moderators are pretty well instructed on what can be gotten away with and what can't, and in general the forums members respect this anyway. I feel totally comfortable with the business end and also the community site end of SAB at this point. I know we've had some cops look this site over and they lost interest very quickly. I also know that the TGA has shown an interest at one point (thanks to whoever pointed them our way), but after checking us over they lost interest too. I really don't think we have a continued law enforcement presence here, and certainly in 3 years there have been no complaints or even requests from the authorities. They know the laws -- I know the laws -- that doesn't leave any room for giving us a hard time (without it getting costly for them).

As for cops in chatrooms.... firstly, the chatroom is not run by SAB. Secondly, I doubt that federal police would show an interest.... and if it is just state police, then you would have to be unlucky enough that it happens to be in your state.... and you would have to be stupid enough to tell him who you are.

I can't say I fully approve of some of the chatroom content, but as it is not on the SAB site, it really has nothing to do with me wink.gif

hello all

sorry to arrive in your conversation but i just saw it.

i am one of the people who are sometime asking for "crazy things"...

all the discussion about cops, freetalk, is very interesting but i would like to talk about another side of this problem:

telema was talking about the a recent influx of daytrippers asking for crazy things and Licorice said "these requests may affect the perception of the ethnobotanic community and bring unwanted attention to it,"

this is the over side of the problem, you are thinking that some topic are best than another and that the psychonaute are best than day trippers.

it is an important question.

when i asked about mitragyna extract i understood people will not answer ...

during thousand of year the humans have selectionned, liked and grow the shaman plants because of there drug power for plaisure and medecine.

the drug aspect of the plant is a real part of the ethnobotanique knowledge and it is hypocritical and dangerous to forget it.

so now please be more nice when you're talking about the peoples asking for crazy things.

i am not a stupid junky and i don't want peoples to think that just because i am interested in other things than us.

anyway i don't want to fight with you.

i also think we have a great communauty and this is the important.

like as said Licorice: "i was impressed by the high quality of the information here and also the friendliness and overall vibe of the forum: props torsten."

so in conclusion:

we always need informations, all the information. it is the way of knowledge.

Ciao

hey vins

im a lover not a fighter! i totally agree, diversity of opinion and free exchange of info is essential. the point i was trying to make was that there is no need to paranoid about cops etc. because this forum is run completely above board. BUT, lsd, mdma, ghb, and a whole bunch of other gooddies have been scheduled both here and abroad through media generated hysteria not because of scientific research or the people using these things pre-scheduling were breaking any laws, all it takes is a bored journalist or some outraged interest group riding the moral high horse. having said that, i dont think theres much for them to get their knickers in a knot about here. i dont know, ive been couped up infront of a computer screen 12 hours a day for the last few weeks writing my thesis, so forgive me a little paranoia. ive been here so long im scared to go outside to get cigarettes, so dont talk to me about narcs!

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by licorice:

anyways, im a daytripper, so i KNOW they cant be trusted

Nobody can be trusted....

X-Files are back on W00t!

hehe

Yeah so basically I dont think we have to worry about the chatroom... Essentially I am the only moderator of the chatroom these days.. and I rarely see people who I am not familiar with... and I rarely even see anybody in there at all.