The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
withdrawl clinic

withdrawl

apoth - you are obviously not aware of botany book prices

I can't remember the last time I got a single book for under $50.

Benzito:

I smoke elfspice! :)

Daily.

No help needed there :D

C'mon guys this wonderful soul is offering a pretty good deal considering the state of the medical system not to mention the waiting list for a liver

Most arguments have been about ethics yet people know people that break the law and endanger their health everyday but don't consider that unethical.And to me it didn't look like this member was asking for cash though I may be wrong??

Not all treatments are physically dangerous,I've had the awesome pleasure of witnessing a 2 day healing session conducted by a psychic channeler on a friend,emotionally it was 2 days of hell for her and something that would have cost over a grand but was done for free....the addiction?...Her own suffering

In fact all healing sessions I have witnessed were successful because of the right attitudes and psychological approach resulting in self realisation never the drug given if any.

Addictions always have an underlying pschology and personal legacy to battle through.It's not neccesarily a case of strapping someone to a bed and monitoring them,feeding them drugs etc until they sweat it out..it doesn't go away that easy.Addictions are kinda like scratches on a record and put your life on hold which equals hell for the sufferer.

Commendable gesture...caveat emptor :P

no matter how well intentioned withdrawlclinic is there's a reason why you need formal qualifications to treat addictions, and it sure as fuck isn't to have a pretty piece of paper framed on the wall. obviously addiction has underlying psychological components, but i think it takes more than intuition, watching dr phil or reading self-improvement books to deal with this issue. it's one thing to offer a place for ppl to hang out for a while to get their heads straight, another to offer some backyard treatment facility.

Ok thats it i have been polite enough now!!

there is not way in HELL im going to sit here and let you talk about Dr Phil that way!

he is my idol

what other overweight man with 2 pounds of anti-sheen makeup on his head would tell a girl with a self image problem she needs to have self control.

Sorry about the spelling jab. But that's all.

I have no idea what you're on about with the "reaching superconciousness" - I don't even know what that's meant to mean so certainly wouldn't have claimed to have done it. I have some knowledge of some topics discussed here and try to help others when I can, though for all or nearly all topics there is people her that know much more. But your petulant sulking sure doesn't make you look like very wise.

quote:

btw, i didn't feel like reading your crap so i don't know what you said.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you had, you would have seen that I specifically said that help with addiction isn't the sole domain of "flashy institutions", but neither do I think there is much of a role for payment-requiring internet spammers with no personal knowledge of the people involved, and no realization that alcohol withdrawal is not "non-dangerous" (even though the withdrawing person may not realize this and tell you).

I was angry and overly confrontational, and twix and smogs have said basically what I was trying to say without sounding so shitty. Thanks guys.

See ya, WC.

[ 07. May 2005, 02:42: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

W/C', please dont take what I said the wrong way, I was trying to give someone who is about to embark on a venture some advice from someone who has recently been involved in something similar, thats all.

Im sorry if it sounded overly opinionated but I was just trying to make you aware of the seriousness of the subject at hand and what it took from me. (plus I was really tired and a bit shitty)

In the end I defferd my Cert4 in YouthWork/CommunityServices because once I started doing real cases at a remand center I didnt have the time and soul to put into at the time.

On the other hand, comming from someone who has looked, there arent nearly enough people/places offering Shamanistic type services with drugs like Ibogaine and other psychoactives, so if thats what you are offering you should not be discouraged, just be very selective in what you offer people, the people you choose and perhpas join forces with other experianced "healers" in the Ethnoboatny sceen.

I would like to offer you any help I can...

Andy - i used to work for RaveSafe in melbourne long time ago. Later in sydney too (until Carr shut it down in response to Anna Wood). I also did some work at the St Kilda drop in centre and in a couple of semi legal clinics.

The very reason why people get addicted is the lack of positive energy, so when they stop taking drugs they need to feed off something/someone else. While treating depression is very similar in that regard, I decided that the latter had a much higher success rate and better success vs effort ratio. So these days I don't really want to have much to do with addict treatment, but will still muster the energy for helping with depression. Someone prone to depression could not possibly help in addiction treatment wihtout running themselves down even more.

I think WC meant well, but lacks the broader experience. Anyone who has dealt with severe alcoholism wouldn't consider treating a severe alcoholic without medical attention. But I don't think that's what WC meant to do. Drinking 2 or 3 bottles of beer a day is certainly an alcohol addiction, but withdrawal from such a relatively small amount will not cause any major health crisis. Ditto for tobacco, pot, etc. A mild benzo addiction is probably also not much of an issue. The problem is that WC did not state the level of addiction he feels competent to help with. If he claimed to help with high dose IV heroin or IV meth addiction, then we would need to see a lot more credentials and expertise. But for the sort of addictions that we usually just annoy our friends and family with, why not give them a break and take your troubles to WC ?

tryp, i took your points in well.

but let me assure you that when i wrotte up the first draft, i even didn't think at all about money, so genuine where my intentions.

anyway as said this idea is obsolete now,

i will not help anybody...

i thought you started that topic superconciousness is boring, but i might remebered wrong...

oh what a night last night, liquid light, good geometrical shapes, gigantic transformer machines, rainbow octopusse's, glow jelly fishe's shapes and lots of deep relavations, and btw, i never purge...

the conciousness of mother earth is inprinted in every beeing.

no ego wank, no judgment, a blanket, food and something to cuddle is all we need.

forgave all my abusers, crawled on all fours to see the stars, but decided the dark patches in the milkyway are more interessting.

when it felt the strongest, i tried to speak but could not, all that came out of my mouth sounded like baby talk.

[ 07. May 2005, 07:40: Message edited by: withdrawl clinic ]

tort you took the words right out of my mouth

by describing the levels of what i would have felt confident to deal with...

aswell it might be said that for strong alcoholism there would allways be the doctor or hospital available...

and i could have helped simply with the after glow and the re programing.

the main idea was to put the client for a while into a new surrounding, as i believe that this helps a lot, as drug abuse is closely linked to well established patterns, like i have to have 5 cones after work or so...

if the pattern is changed, the habit changes aswell...

Dont be like that W/C, I wasnt trying to shoot you down, a couple of peoples veiws shouldnt chnage something your obviously so genuinly passionate about.

quote:

i could have helped simply with the after glow and the re programing.

the main idea was to put the client for a while into a new surrounding, as i believe that this helps a lot, as drug abuse is closely linked to well established patterns, like i have to have 5 cones after work or so...

if the pattern is changed, the habit changes aswell...

I definitly think this would be a good way to go WC, the first 6-12 months following pysical WD's is curical.

As a followup treatment you could treat many addictions, like heroin for example that you couldnt otherwise as you are not dealing with the physical WD's but the real addiction, the psychological one, the one that so often gets forgotten about a few weeks/months after Detox.

As you say, if you can help re-establish new patterns of behaviour, new interests, rebuild internal energy supplies both psyical and mental, perhaps teach them a new hobby or something like woodwork or artwork, get them reinspired with nature and appreciating the wonders of life it would be a real winner and something that could make all the diference in the world.

Also, as you say, placing the person in a new environment makes a big differnece as well, I find that memeories constantly being cued by my surrondings are a real problem, just being in my old bedroom would make me hangout,, then there is my favorite music that I listend to when getting high not to mention the perfum of one of my old dealers. !!!YIKES!!!.. if you can help someone keep away from all of this until they are a little stronger it would be a real plus.

If you can help somneone, who can then help someone else the healing circle/cycle has begun and that my friend is something special.

If your serious, you know where to find me.

[ 07. May 2005, 09:01: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]