The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Ethnobotanica 2004 is happening on December 4 & 5. Get your tickets now!!

Ethnobotanica 2004 is happening on December 4 & 5. Get your tickets now!!

OK, so we are a bit late with the announcement But it is finally happening. The price is $75 (incl GST). We've already got some really good speakers organised (like every year), but I'll need a few days to update the website.

Just so this is clear, you only have 20 days to send your payment and membership form to us. That is not a lot of time, so I suggest you do it asap. Ethnobotanica usually sells out at ticket prices almost double of this year's, so I can't see these tix hanging around for long....

50 tickets only (maximum number is not negotiable)!!

http://www.ethnobotanica.org/Conferences/E.../EB4_index.html

and memberships here:

http://www.ethnobotanica.org/membership/membership.htm

Please note that you must first become a member of the association. Please fill in the membership application and then send your payment.

All members are entitled to attend the conference / AGM, so at the same time you can send in your registration form. The registration form is NOT the membership form. The registration form is only so that conference organisers know who is coming, what meals to prepare for you, what name you want on your tag, etc.

[ 06. November 2004, 02:03: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Theres a nice place down the road - whats it called?

(edit - ah! maccas?)

camping grounds with decent ammenities, cheap

and a lilly pond :)

[ 06. November 2004, 20:16: Message edited by: reville ]

definately want to come :)

whats the estimated time of beginning ?

i've planned to arrive in brisbane around 6 am on the 4th. then go through customs and cruise to the site.

is that enough time to make it there or shall i change my plan?

could anyone offer me a ride ? glad to share expenses.

yeah, looking forward !

Dont know if I will be able to make it (Again!) would be really nice though... If I make it back from Melb by then Id really like to come... but seeing as though its all like "limited" and stuff then I guess I wont know!! whatever happens happens...Good Luck with it!

bean me - that's pretty tight. we are a 2h drive from brisbane and will probably start the sessions at about midday. it takes about 60-90 minutes to get from the plane to the outside of the airport, depending on how many other planes are arriving at the time and how long they search you at customs.

most brisbane folk would want to leave quite early that morning.

bean me (and anyone else who needs it) - if you mail payment for EB4 it won't arrive in time. I can make the SAB credit card service available for the transfer as long as you cover the costs (AU$5). It's still the cheapest way of getting money here.

The full amount (including the extra fee) must be paid in one payment or the fees increase.

You will need to send the membership & registration forms by email with a note confirming your credit card payment.

There is a 95% chance of me not attending.... Hope everyone has a fantastic time and stuff :D

Greetings T. I am sorely tempted, would that I could. May be next year.

Seeker

Associate membership --> 12 months subscription to "Ethnobotanica" Journal (currently 2 issues p.a.)

Are the issues still coming out from last EB?

(or did I secretly miss out )

[ 08. November 2004, 15:03: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

torsten - thanks for the advice. will change my plan.

yes, i better pay with credit card, just let me know how :confused:

btw, i'm not paypal mamber, so i hope it'll work anyway :)

Originally posted by bean me:

yes, i better pay with credit card, just let me know how :confused:

btw, i'm not paypal mamber, so i hope it'll work anyway :)

no need for paypal:

https://www.paymate.com.au/PayMate/PaymateE...n-australis.com

or anyone wishing to use paypal may do so too:

[email protected]

Originally posted by Ed Dunkel:

Associate membership --> 12 months subscription to "Ethnobotanica" Journal (currently 2 issues p.a.)

Are the issues still coming out from last EB?

(or did I secretly miss out )

As you might know, the organisers usually fund a large part of the conference. Hence, conference ticket prices do not cover any other costs. We had planned to get the journal printed with our own funds as soon as it was ready (which it has been for quite a few months), but alas none of the organisers had the cash to spare for the last few months. We are slowly getting it together and hopefully the release is not far off. But until then we don't want to complicate things further by including more issues into ticket prices etc.

Anyone who has paid for the journal(s) will receive them as long as they keep their address details up to date with the association. Anyone who hasn't paid will be able to order them via the website when they are ready.

In any case, anyone too concerned can always ask for a refund which will be given without question. Just be aware that we seriously under estimated the cost of producing the journal, so future pricing will be considerably higher.

There are updates about the nournal on the website.

I for one would be more then happy to receive the journal as a pdf file.

that has been considered as an option, however we have already put so much effort into the layout, and much of the idea behind the journal was to reach the non-internet/non-computer crowd. The internet ethnobot community is still smaller than the off line community and there is little that bridges that gap.

The cost of printing the journal should only be a couple of K which is doable under normal circumstances. However, all 3 of us have had a shit of a year financially for one reason or another, so none of us were able to meet that expense. Rev's started a family and Darklight got a girlfriend. I had a pile of family problems and just as things were looking alright I lost my dogs and totally crashed. But after 9 crap months I've got my shit together now and we should be able to get the journal out very soon. Sometimes these things just can't be helped. But no matter what, we are determined to get this funky piece out to everyone asap.

[ 10. November 2004, 01:24: Message edited by: Torsten ]

It's not the girlfriend who is financially the problem, love is the drug! :D

However things have been really fiscally grim while I pull my head in and try to come up with a replacement crop for Mitragyna, which I have removed from the TC lab as it goes illegal on Jan 1. This has been a major blow to my long term planning and has meant I have had to be very conservative with what finances I have, in case we don't find a suitable replacement commercial arrangement before then

dl,(or "love" as i was made by you to call you...) remember your teflon shoulder patches?

:P

imagen you would but your skills towards cacti and foremost "hoodia" propagation...

or cloning ephedra...

edit:

the potential of your particular skills,

as such producing pathogen & soil less plantlets,

has not been reached yet in the fields of ethnogenic plants.

but i think, the market for tissue cultured ethno plants is enormous, but still a bit in the future...

tissue cultured plants, could be traded all over the world, because cheap postage costs and no problems with quarantine issues!!

...imagen all your favorite ethno plants in small sterile flasks...

... trading would be a breeze...

... reefer...

[ 10. November 2004, 14:04: Message edited by: planthelper ]

wow, only 2 weeks to go...

any word yet on speakers and workshops, etc? Or is this a magical, mystical, surprise conference? :)

all speakers are finalised, but they are still changing their minds on the topic titles on a daily basis

Hopefully I'll get round to putting the schedule up tonite....

tort,

could gom and myselfe have some stall space (selling some plant's and cacti stuff and herb's) again this year?

seems we are both eager to do so...

:P

[ 26. November 2004, 10:44: Message edited by: planthelper ]

yes, certainly

thank you torsten!

we gonna have a good time, c u all @ eb 04.

:P :D :cool:

yep thanks for myselfe as well, T...

i just bought a 30 yo Datsun...