The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

"Research Chemicals" - end of an era

Full article here:

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/pressrel/pr072204.html

This operation resulted in the following website operators arrests on July 21, 2004:

* WWW.RACRESEARCH.COM and WWW.DUNCANLABPRODUCTS.COM

April Curtis and Doug Thompson, website operators of WWW.RACRESEARCH.COM, were arrested yesterday, July 21, in Arizona and Georgia, respectively. The arrests are based on charges of conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues out of the Southern District of New York. WWW.RACRESEARCH.COM has so far been linked to non-fatal overdoses of two college students. This investigation by DEA New York and the New York Police Department also uncovered the illegal distribution of designer drugs on WWW.DUNCANLABPRODUCTS.COM . This site was operated by Raymond Duncan and supplied by April Curtis. Duncan was arrested yesterday, July 21, in California based on charges of conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues. Both websites were voluntarily terminated.

* WWW.PONDMAN.NU

David Linder, website operator of WWW.PONDMAN.NU was arrested yesterday. This investigation was conducted by DEA and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service in Norfolk, VA. The above site, which purportedly sold landscape supplies, also sold designer drugs. Linder supplied these drugs to U.S.-based Navy personnel who later held rave-style parties to facilitate further distribution. To date, an overdose death of an 18-year-old male and three non-fatal overdoses causing serious bodily injuries have been linked to WWW.PONDMAN.NU. Linder is charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substance analogues out of the Eastern District of Virginia. This website will be voluntarily terminated.

* WWW.AMERICANCHEMICALSUPPLY.COM

DEA Baton Rouge, LA initiated this investigation that resulted in yesterday’s arrest of Michael Burton, operator of WWW.AMERICANCHEMICALSUPPLY.COM. Charges against Burton and an unidentified coconspirator include illegal distribution with enhanced penalties for causing death, aiding and abetting, and forfeiture out of the Middle District of Louisiana. A restraining order will be issued to prevent use of this website.

* WWW.OMEGAFINECHEMICALS.COM

DEA San Diego yesterday arrested Thomas Kasper, Joseph Kasper, Beth Badrak, and Elaine Villalobos, all California residents, on conspiracy charges to distribute controlled substance analogues, distribution of controlled substance analogues to individuals under the age of 21, and money laundering out of the Southern District of California. These four operated WWW.OMEGAFINECHEMICALS.COM. In addition to the arrests, DEA used warrants to search the Omega Business address, and the residence of Beth Badrak and Tom Kasper in Santa Barbara, CA. A seizure warrant will be served on the Omega website. Two bank accounts were also seized.

[ 23. July 2004, 22:27: Message edited by: Jack ]

Sad yes

but really....

Running a biz like that! Who would keep ANY money but loose change in a US bank

straight offshore baby :)

IN fact why LIVE in the US anyway???

Why not live on some carribean island or even Canada! and export to the US????

Just like PF - why oh why?

And the majority of americans, the dumb ones,(those "Hank and peggy Hill Style asshole rednecks")

are gonna vote bush in again i"m sure.

Bloody Nazis!

And the "DEA" has destroyed more lives than all drugs in the world combined together!

[ 24. July 2004, 09:52: Message edited by: gomaos ]

Guest electro

its a sad day, but one that has been comming for a long while .. i wonder how many more shitty little mobile labs will spring up now to step in to keep up with demand ...

HEY DEA >> WHY DONT YOU GO ON YOUR CRUSADE TO STOP SAFELY MADE LAB GRADE CHEMICALS BEING DISTRIBUTED SO THAT THE DEMAND CAN BE FILLED BY IDIOTS IN HOTEL ROOMS WITH NOTHING BUT A FUCKLOAD OF SOLVENTS, PRECURSORS AND PRINTOUTS FROM WWW.METHMANUFACTURE.COM TO WORK FROM.... THATL HELP KEEP PEOPLE SAFE .....

BOOM ! OH WOW, THE HOTEL ROOM BLEW UP AND KILLED 5 PEOPLE .. I WONDER WHY ????

"And the "DEA" has destroyed more lives than all drugs in the world combined together!"

yea but look at all the employment it generates -cant have a war agains drugs without employing dea soilders....

not to mention the votes you get for funding the employment & saving people from an unexistant evil . ...

Tom Kasper was all over the alt.drugs.* newsgroups in the late 90s, selling some extremely dodgy precursors. From the tone of his posts, he seemed to relish taking the law on. One intense hombre with balls made of metal, from what I could see. I think he has gone down at least once before, and obviously has bounced back.

People laughed at Leary when he proposed drug "lisences". The only reason research chems were not regulated was so that some stupid people WOULD overdose and die and thus giving the public a reason to fear these drugs. They are invading our homes and corrupting our children (that need to be 18 and over to purchase them)

I'm guessing that most OD's are from RC's being sold as LSD and people taking overly large doses based on the asumption it's real acid.

THe numbers are funny tho, out of the thousands of customers that bought these RC's only 2 died and 18 had non fatal OD's (i think the numbers are right?)

Just wondering what's the status of RC's here in Australia? Can one purchase these things from a manufacturer or has our government devised a genius way to make that illegal without the RC being itself a scheduled substance?

The analogues thing right? I thought that's just regarding chemicals that are structually similair to MDMA or are pecursers(sp?) to it. Surely that doesn't cover all (most even) RC's.

Re: ppl OD'ing cuz they thought an RC was acid, it could also just be that some people are really dumb....

whoops double

[ 26. July 2004, 01:28: Message edited by: Thelema ]

I cant believe that they didn't get jmar...

hehehe

Jmar will be making a killing!

jmar?

dunno who that is but chances are purchases will drop cuz ppl are more scared, Maybe even the online vendors will close becuase they themselves are scared.

Another question, so are RC's scheduled in America or covered in some way? Cuz if not they arrested these people for something completely legal because a few stupid people were irresponsible. That's just not right!

some RC co's are not in the US (eg viking), so the trade will continue. Anyone know where jmar is located?

RC's are not specifially scheduled, but fall under the analogs clause. So far I think all analogs cases have been pleaded out. I presume at least one of these guys isn't going to roll over, so this will be an interesting test for the validity and application of such laws.

Anyone know where jmar is located?

I always thought he was in the states?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/072304..._drugs001.shtml

"According to a criminal complaint, Burton sold 1,533 products from his Web site between April and June, constituting $300,000 in sales. He wired his money to offshore accounts through banks in the West Indies and Lithuania, according to the criminal complaint."

i gotta say tho, anyone who just dips their tounge in to an unknown chemical is not displaying common sense, even if its just a little bit on your tounge...

%simon

Originally posted by simon_marklar:

Burton sold 1,533 products from his Web site between April and June, constituting $300,000 in sales.

wow!! that's almost US$200 per sale.

300,000 in just 3 months while Erowid is struggling to pay their bills. That's obscene!

jmar is based in the US but their site has been down since the busts on the 22nd...

Jmar are (were?) dodgy as all hell anyway, repeatedly sending cut chemicals, the wrong chemicals, or not sending anything at all! Imagine getting 5-meo-amt (dosage:2-5mg) instead of 2c-c(30-40mg)

Anyway, since the re-sale sites are gone, whos up for a group buy from sigma-aldritch? DOB Psilocin LSD(j/k)

[ 03. August 2004, 18:00: Message edited by: themagicmushroom ]