The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Program

:huh: Edited by Rev

I'm growing this plant right now, myself. I do not think that it will be ready to use anytime soon. It takes years. Too bad I'll miss the program being in the states. Don't watch tv anyway and let the cable go. It's an interesting plant.

Stoney

I know very little about how to care for them. I do know they are difficult to grow and do not like much water. Reports I've seen said to neglect them for the first year or two and then they start growing. They like a lot of sun and a sandy well draining soil.

Stoney

Just watched the 2nd half of the program, missed the first half, all I can say:

I MUST HAVE THIS CACTUS!!!

The english reporter who moderated the program tried it in the end on himself because he wanted to know, he ate only like a ten centimetre segment and didn't feel the need to eat for over 20 hours!

Clinical trials came to the result that CHRONICALLY OBESE PATIENTS fed the cactus ate 1000 calories less a day!

And on top of all it's an aphrodisiac!

Hoodia is a way of life!

The peoples of the african tribe (forgot the name, sorry)seemed to be quite a bit into smoking tha herb as well... quite disliked by the team of english reporters, but hey what can you do when you live in a desert which nothing much else to eat but cactus...

I hope things work out for the african tribes people, because at the end it said that Pfizer, the chemical concern who wants to market hoodia has broken with Pythopharm and is looking for new partners...whatever that may mean.

But most important hoodia may really be the cure for obesity...

and I tell you no person with a sane mind who is fat likes being fat... most would be prepared to spend quite a bit of money to loose weight if they really believe that it works...

and after all, the product LIPODRENE DOESN'T CONTAIN ANY HOODIA AT ALL!

Are they going to make sure if long term hoodia use has any detremental affects?

I'd hate to see it incorporated with bad parenting techniques by letting Lazy kids who spend all their time inside playing playstation and such..who eat MacDonalds and Pizza for every meal because the professionals they have for parents don't feel they have the time to actually cook for them, by giving them hoodia to try curb the amount of obese children this country is experiencing.

As for myself...I'd be staying away from hoodia...I have enough trouble putting on weight as it is, even though I do eat heaps.

-bumpy

the impression i got from the final screen, was that pfizer(the guys w/the money) had broken w/phytofarm(the guys w/the patent on the Hoodia molocule & the agreement w/the San).

as recent reports have indicated that the molocule is easily synthesized, that would make the whole growing side redundant, plus, as the action was fairly simple it maybe they can sythesise 100's ov very similar compounds w/the same action---i think the San maybe screwed again.

(sorry people :confused: for posting virtually the same in the 'hoodia post' in 'cacti & succulants'-i got confused)

Being fat is no fun... I had to find that out in early childhood, was quite normal during my 20s and 30s and with the 40s the fat returned.

I have also lived for 2 years with a chronically obese woman.

Most people you cannot blame for being fat, as much as you can't blame other people for being skinny.

If your parents are fat, you're quite likely to be fat, and if it's only because you get used to eat the same amounts and kinds of food that they eat.

Can you be blamed for that? No!!!

But people do, especially school kids.

I don't want to know how many kids would have committed suicide because they are fat... there would be sooo many...

And here's now hoodia, a chance for fat people to lead a normal life, not to be laughed at anymore...

If it can be synthesized, all the better...

can't think of a solution for the "san" but they definitely deserve big chunk of the "cake"...

"If your parents are fat, you're quite likely to be fat, and if it's only because you get used to eat the same amounts and kinds of food that they eat."

i don't want to start an argument, just an observation from when i used to work in a supermarket, that is, that you would often see larger people & their larger kids doing their shopping, one thing that often made them different from other shoppers is that they would be eating while doing the shopping- & i dont mean a handfull ov nuts or some lollies.

Forgot to mention that for many people being fat is genetical...

one of the reasons I had to break up with my obese wife was her complete addiction to Junk food...

She HAD to get junk food EVERY DAY from Hungry Jack's, McStupid or Pizza HUt... sometimes twice...

The very look of the food parcels made me want to throw up, the stench turned my stomach...

Her food addiction was compatible to a full blown heroin addiction and it made her life just as miserable... having a cure for food addiction is just as important as having a cure for heroin addiction... there's not much difference...

I'd like to mention that since I live without my teenage kids , 1 kg of minced meat will last me for 2 weeks, and I don't buy any other meat...

and no, I never eat while shopping...

however thinking about this brings back memories from shopping in Germany...

In Germany they sell alcohol in supermarkets....

in the 70s we used to drink 1-3 bottles of wine while in the shop...

of course we never paid for them, just put the empties back in the shelves...

those were the days

[ 27. August 2003, 08:31: Message edited by: gomaos ]

LOL--yeah, i've had some fun times in european hypermarkets too.

it's very hard to imagine what it must be like to have a food addiction, but it must suck.

1 thing i'd like to know is, does the stomach stretch w/over eating?

i mean if kids are "forced" to eat alot by their parents, do they stomachs actually get larger?

i ask because i'm sure i just couldn't physically eat as much as some larger folks.

if that is the case wouldn't stomach stapling be the 'ideal cure'?---(not trying to be funny, am very ignorant & would like to know more)

Kids don't get "forced" to eat they just get sucked into it... htey see the patent's do it and do what the parents do, like any kids...

or...

a kid might be genetically a little fat, gets teased by class mates and the rest of the world, then goes home and out of depression eats more....

a very typical thing to do for many fat kids....

and "does the skin get stretched?"

well you gotta be joking, nabraxas, of course it does... that's how fat people come about...

I guess there's,like any life altering problem,a self-discipline aspect to addictions(Lord I Know!!)

Certainly not blaming people for their build or pre-dispositions,but,for instance, AFOAF is a 6-8 beer a day every day gnome,also clinically depressed.

One day a 2 part 'tea' mix arrives!!

"Hmmmmm,no cheese,no fermented foods or beverages....WHAT,that means no beer

But hang on....I can do this!" he says.....and he did!

The dreaming was worth the discipline

Same here, would definitely like some pups or seeds...

gomaos-thanks for the reply, i didn't say "skin" however, i said stomach :)

maybe the reply would be the same?

i'd still like to know though, & i mean, does it permanently stretch?- so that larger people would physically need to eat more to feel full?

after the show i looked at a map,the kalahari is mainly in botswanaland[sp?],these people seem to have been so long from their homeland they know little about hoodia.

the group of tribal leaders contained a few quite fat people,it seems they are no different to any other group in this respect.

the amount of hoodia eaten seemed quite large,say atleast half a trich dose worth,so you need to grow a bit to use it regularly.

i would have liked to see the san involved in the cultivation side of hoodia,it might help them get something together more than a bit of cash.

as they seem to be refugees in south africa from botswana i guess they have few rights anywhere.

are they the same people from 'the gods must be crazy'?

t s t .

t st tantra:

are they the same people from 'the gods must be crazy'?

t s t .

Hehe!

Just remembered the coke can :D

Ironic isn't it?

A food addiction and supply to fill that addiction, lack of self discipline and compounded by worsening self esteem.

You could easily replace the word "food" with "drug", it would still make sense...

When I lived with my obese wife, I used to say to people:

"I'd rather be a junkie than be obese..."

But then I have known junkies and no thanks that's not very nice either...

as for myself: I don't eat out much, mostly prepare my own food ( and do it well), I hate fatty stuff but still have a weight problem...

I think that hoodia would help in my case...

About "The gods must be crazy I and II (is there a 3? I forgot...)

real cool movies, the little guy and his people look very much like the san in the tv show...