The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mesq

Everybody read this!!!!!

Im just looking for some interest and ideas from people who would like to come to a BBQ for the local Brisbane EB community... a casual affair where having a good time in a relaxed atmosphere is the most important thing... and perhaps open discussion about Ethnobotany/Entheogens as a bonus!

For anyone interested please sign up to the Brisbane mailing list if not already and add any ideas and generall willingness for such an event..

http://www.topica.com/lists/BrizEBgroup

PLEASE if you are in Brisbane do try and make the effort to participate great things can happen if we all put in a little bit

[ 31. March 2003, 15:15: Message edited by: Mesqualero ]

Ok, I'll come...

when will it be?

Maybe "Bycycle Day"? Forgot which date that was now...have to research....

Sounds good.

Any idea about a proposed date

Regarding the Brissy mailing list.

I haven't received any email lately.

Has there been some change requiring people to sign up again

[ 18. March 2003, 14:19: Message edited by: Ramon ]

Ramon:

Sounds good.

Any idea about a proposed date

Regarding the Brissy mailing list.

I haven't received any email lately.

Has there been some change requiring people to sign up again

There shouldnt be any problems :( There hasnt been alot of mailing going on though... If you have any ideas remember you can always email me ramon..

Sat 19th of April is bicycle day. This would also suggest one of the solutuions to people's transport issues

Cycle up the hill, stuff your face and mind, and then roll back down.

Ok guys I think Im just going to make a decision and say that The BBQ

will be held at Mt Coot-Tha Botanic gardens.. pending inspection of BBQ

facilities. The date will probably be ... 3rd week of April?? Saturday

?? I think Bicycle day is too close...

Reasons: Relative closeness to CBD, Natural beauty, security (ie ever

see that many crims/louts at the Botanic Gardens??? Only when we are

there :D jk ), it supposedly does have BBQ facilities which I'll have a

look at this weekend.. and If anyone wants a drink or two there is

always the bar.. (exhorbitant prices probably) plus the gardens havent failed us yet.,, maybe if we have more people we can find the mythological Psychotria :)

Friends, partners are welcome.. lemme know what y'all think.

This is just a casual affair egos to be left at the door.

The idea is for everyone to bring a plate of something..to share (or not, your choice really) and u know do the whole interacting social humans thing with maybe a little bit of ethnobotany/entheogen discussion for good measure...

The Botanical gardens sound good and I am all for bringing a plate to share as well.

Originally posted by Mesqualero:

.. 3rd week of April?? Saturday

?? I think Bicycle day is too close...

as mentioned elsewhere, Bicycle day IS the third weekend of april.

But I would prefer the weekend after easter myself too. Always happy about going to botanic gardens...

Hmmm

Well, the date is up to debate,

It's still not too late to state..

The time that is right for you

to come to our Barbecue.

Bring yourself and some food and ideas(or some beers?)

leave behind any egos and fears

Pick a date so that we can all be..

A happy EB Family..

:):):):):):):):)

[ 28. March 2003, 07:38: Message edited by: Mesqualero ]

not sure ill be able to make it to the BBQ is its close to easter, will be going up to tambourine mountain during easter break to vist my good ol ma, but i suppose if you dont mind taking up to tambourine i could go after all

Well I think it will be the last saturday of april which is the 26th .. obviously we can't cater for everyones particular circumstances but hopefully enough people can make it..

In regards to Mt Tamborine... you don't have your own transport?? It isn't really that far compared to some people who will be coming from N.NSW and the gold coast but I don't know your circumstances...

Anyway this will pretty much be the last official date... April 26th Saturday at mt Cootha botanical gardens...

Ill post this on other forums and the mailing list when I get to my own comp.

If anyone has any problems just mail me.. im very

Aside from that.. I forgot to say that most people on the mailing list are very approachable and I'm sure if you can't make it, if you post a message here or on on the Ethnobotany-australia.net or on the mailing list some kind of carpooling arrangement can be made...

Most of the effort is getting over the anxiety of hooking up with people who until now have only ever been 1's and 0's on a computer. Once everyone is together and introduced the natural flow of people who share the same general interests occurs and there are some opretty cool convos.. not to mention the networking involved.

I know alot of people are reluctant to step out of their comfort zone and do something different. I also understand that the nature of Ethnobotany and Entheogenia lends itself to secretiveness, solitude and paranoia :P ( BTW now speaking of anyone in particular here) but it needn't be. One of the reasons I am so keen on trying to get this happening is because in society we are made to feel marginalised because of our interest in altered states of conciousness... made to feel guilty, made to feel like criminals and drug addicts. In getting together we realise the diversity that exists within the Ethnobotany/Entheogenia community that the common societal stereotypes of the "spaced out hippy" etc do not apply..

I mean take me for example, I am just Mesq.. average joe blow (LOL) but you get what I mean. Im not Professor Mesq (yet) I am just a member of the community who is appreciative of what has occured so far in the Ethnobotany scene in Australia and I want to expand on that..

Anyway. If anyone wants to add their thoughts in regards to this post It would be great.

I am happy with any date.

Regarding the place. I am happy with the botanical gardens but if it was to be any other site not to the west of Brisbane I would be happy to pick up some people from the botanical gardens.

A closer pick up spot could be arranged depending upon the chosen site.

I would be coming from close to Ipswich along mogil road swinging unto the Western Highway close to Indoorooplilly

under normal circumstances and should i have a car i would have no problems leaving the mountain for a day but i will be visiting my mother and i dont think she would be too impressed if i buggerd of and talked plants with people other than her, but still im gonna try

Thats ok dude sorry for sounding heavy Im just really eager for this to get going :)

Thanks ramon look forward to seeing you there...

you didnt sound heavy its cool, just giving reason so it didnt sound like i was being lazy, i was just pondering how i can make it all work out cause i would much enjoy comming along to the BBQ