The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Dude

My shameless self promotion - about 500k image

Got some images u guys might appreciate.

Just a bit of shameless self promotion.

Using a photo i took at the beach and my trusty graphics tablet...

Beachscape_Visualisations_001_by_m_r_p.jpg

and this is a painting i did for school, the phtoto turned out crap and it has a real blue tint to it...

Self Titled 001

and for the mushroom fans...

mushroom

beware it's 2.1meg

Enjoy!

and tell us what u think...

I really like these- they're great! Especially the painting. Please keep going!

Nice rocks!

But yeah, I like the painting best too. :)

I've just got one question for you El D, one I'm sure your teacher would have asked.

- Are you on drugs? :D

always nice to see some creativity happening.

really like some of the other stuff you got hosted on deviant art aswell.

that infected 001 would suit a tool or psytrance album of some description.

how much did the tablet set you back?

would it be possible to do animations efficiently on it?

Very impressive El D.

thanks for sharing.

I'll even give you a bit more promotion.

This one's my favourite, the colours are fantastic. What's it's relationship to Self Titled 001?

Progress_002_1.jpg

Hey cheers everyone!

strangebrew - somehow my art teacher figured out i enjoy the waccy baccy and them mushroom drawings

probly gave him some ideas, so he very subtley gives me shit but its all good.

And cheers for the extra promotion! :D that pic is a progress shot of the 'self titled' pic, this was just way earlier.

Here's a progression of the painting...

Progress

I had a SHITLOAD of progress shots but then my computer exploded, motherboard got screwed, fried cpu, harddisks everything.

About 80gig of crap lost. So i've only got the very 1st photots (that i had uploaded b4) and the very final photos.

The colours are fair brighter in the initial steps of the painting than the final piece but the real painting is much more vibrant

than that crappy photo. I'll take a better one when i get it back from school.

Hagakure Infected <-- very lame title i know - was pretty much inspired by the music of tool and the work of

alex grey (lateralus cover) the lungs and brain etc... + of course also inspired by my non-cover-singer-idol, H.R Giger!

while we're on the subject of tool i'll say they pretty much turned me on to psychedelics, the music altho dark at times

(possible bad trip) is truely beautiful and a journey in itself.

About the Tablet, got myself a wacom intuos 2 9x12inch for about $780 from www.downtown.com

(when others were selling for $900+) now u can get them or an intuos3 9x12inch for about 450-ish.

I recommend that if you get one u go for the 9x12 cuz it's pretty much a 1:1 ratio to your average monitor.

I once used a 4x5inch and it was so dodgy!

Also not sure about other brands but i think wacom is pretty much top of the line.

What sort of animation you want to do? It might not even be necassary but if its freehand characters or whatever

then a tablet would be indespensible. Plus a whole bunch of designers and illustraters say its real cool at www.wacom.com !

I love my tablet but seeing the intuos3 for half the price i paid for mine kindof sux :mad:

anyway downtown are the cheapest prices i've found so if you want one just go with them methinks.

ok this is already a long-ass post but i figure if u guys like my painting so much u might like this, it's a smallie 30x15cm.

UNTITLED_001.jpg

wow!

LOL.

I nearly jokingly wrote in my first post you'll be giving Alex Grey a run for his money one day!

I requested one of his books "Transfigurations" for the State Library, check it out sometime. That is if you haven't already got it.

cheers for that info

yeah just freehand animations - i make a bit of music and would like to make animations to go along with it. scanning up each cell seems too much of a hassle. might check some details in the holidays - cheers

i gotta admit tool probably turned me onto psychedelics too. their music is such a trip in itself. if you havent heard mars volta yet check em out. almost guarentee you will dig em.

Hey cheers for the replies fellas :)

strangebrew,

I'd love to get my hands on transfigurations, haven't seen it yet, so the state library have it then? I'll have to check it out. I think the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in New York would be awesome to see, all life-size representations of our different systems (muscles, bones, nerves) and the spiritual (chakras etc..)

cos1e.jpg

Hagakure,

Yeh Mars Volta are awesome! (sad about jeremy Michael Ward) I see we have a similar taste in music!

About the tablet you might want to try before you buy if that is at all a possibility, a small 4x5 might even be sufficient but i think you can get much more precision with a biggie.

Have you got any samples of yer music or animation? You got me interested.

i'll upload some tracks of mine in a couple of weeks.

nothing like mars volta or tool - kinda jazzy beat type things. i dont really know how best to describe em

i use this program to make em if you are interested in making music yourself.

www.buzzmachines.com

kinda hard to get the knack of at the start (the help file is indispensable) but very powerfull once you get into it.