The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterdragon

trippin......up

the following is a work of fiction, a story of a powerful shaman and a girl who shined the light of truth down on him. all characters are the product of tropane ingestion. if half a dozen people should claim otherwise then their head chemistry is not quite right.

shaman bob was a powerful ayahuasquero. bob looked and spoke as one would expect of a shaman. bob had prepared a cactus brew, all who beheld it marvelled at its power. three doses in that, stated bob. after a brief debate one was chosen to receive the brew. her name was mega-jem, she was a witch unbeknownst to most. some say she was descended from the sirens of greek mythology. hers was the power of enchantment, none could meet her and remain unaffected.

it came to pass that a small band of people, seekers of the way, found themselves in a riverbed deep in the jungle. shaman bob began the proceedings by taking three mushrooms, blessing them with a strange yet impressive ritual and swallowed them. he announced that he was tripping hard about three minutes later, neat trick that. the cactus brew was passed to mega-jem who, after much fasting and mental preparation was keen to get on with it. she took it all in and waited. then waited some more. some hours later she began to stare him down. the light of truth was beaming down on shaman bob and frankly he didn't much care for its glare.

more mushrooms were produced in an attempt to hasten proceedings. a powerful acacia extract found its way into the gathering. a plant disciple called fungster began to load a strange glass pipe with the extract. shaman bob decreed that the acacia extract was indeed powerful medicine blessing it with more strange noises. shaman bob urged all those around him to try this extract. the seekers found it odd that he chose not to lead by example. eventually powerful shaman bob took the bull by the horns and wandered off with the glass pipe. STANDING UP he took a gentle sip on the extract being cautious lest a breakthrough experience should occur. shortly after he came back to the group declaring that this was powerful stuff indeed. glances were being exchanged.

others among the group one titled swamplizard, another called mushman, try as they might despite many attempts could not get a breakthrough. eventually one among them known only as tomtom achieved a breakthrough dose through pure persistence, and jewels began to appear. shaman bob did not make another attempt.

another shaman appeared at the river bed with a bitter two-part brew. this brew was active as it was put together by a master plantsmith and shaman extraordinaire known only as mister tee. shaman bob was careful not to overdo it with this brew as well. one by one the inductees began to wander off, the morning was young and there was still much to do.

me, well i got lost and decided to sleep in some long grass. just before the darkness overtook me i heard singing. opening one eye i saw two fat fairies sitting on a log, they appeared to be drunk. the singing was in a language i'd never heard but each one took a turn at singing a line of the chorus which was the only part i understood, i'll never forget it:

knob-job shaman bob

coulda been a legend

shoulda shut your gob.

the vision is your ally, yet you fear it.

powerful and accomplished? nowhere near it.

the keyboard is mightier than the sword.

[This message has been edited by waterdragon (edited 19 February 2002).]

ah yes, sham-man bob... the little shaman who couldn't

the only insight my DAT addicted tree frog got from tripping with sham-man Bob seemed to be that he was a more experienced tripper than the Bob himself, that's a scary thought to have as a bit of vine is kicking in, kinda like realising you forgot to pack a parachute just as you jump out of the plane... or like having a surgeon cut you open only to announce that the scalpel sliped and he's cut his own arms off.

he did speak spanish fairly well though (why he was talking to us in spanish i dont know)... oh and he was a pretty good singer too

i would suggest you go easy on the dat there sass. i've been given a good fright from it, it actually cut through a strong brug combo which i wouln't have thought possible. are you implying that this story has some basis in fact? leave the dat alone and stick to safer stuff like some of the 5meo range.

i can understand your concern for one of the characters there was parts of the story i didn't print like how it was only shaman tee who took the time to look for tomtom in the wee hours of the morning with help from others that didn't include shaman bob.

i might do more work the fictional character of shaman bob ie cartoons. if only i could draw.

WD - I really dunno if ppl should be talking about dat on these forums, it's only human to be curious and want to try the experience yourself; and by making it known in the greater community it could only do more harm than good. You know I love you WD, but I think this one's best left alone.

hiho gem, it was sass that brought it up. i thought we were going to keep this under wraps. people are going to try dat once they hear about it anyway. i imagine it will be banned much fastly. when piers gave me a sample i couldn't believe it. i'm still trying to work out what happened. maybe one should have taken a much smaller dose. did anyone bring some back, i know piers was walking around with about 3grand worth.

Hey you got me guessing:

DAT for Datura, or what does it mean?

If anyone wants to read up on a good datura story, read Happas' "Encounter in the CD Store"

Originally posted by waterdragon:

[bi know piers was walking around with about 3grand worth.[/b]

Yes but the bugger was very secretive about its origin and manufacturing details. its obviously very obscure at present because i ran a search in all the right places and nothing comes up. lets hope it remains like salvia and remains leagle for some time because i feel there is a great need for this valuble teacher. not so sure about the 5meoDAT being all that easy to synth though, somthing for us to work on perhaps.

i still dont know what all the fuss is about, i never got my sample frown.gif

......and nobody cares to tell me what it is............?

diallyl tryptamine

The N,N-dipropyl and diallyl derivatives are also hallucinogenic only if used either parenterally or by inhalation at approximately the same level as DET, whereas higher homologs abruptly become inactive (Szara and Hearst 1962).

Dennis McKenna later states it is orally active.

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 21 February 2002).]

Originally posted by coin:

diallyl tryptamine

or not that at all? you be the judge.

i should have indicated a question or suggestion.. that's what i know dat as, with very few refs, as mentioned..

[This message has been edited by coin (edited 21 February 2002).]

i'd really like to be of more assistance in this regard coz as y'all know i'm a carey sharey sorta fella and have no probs with divulging most things. but i made a pact with myself- at least i think it was me- that i would not be the one to give up the details. in hindsight i wish assassin hadn't brought it up.

The N-alkyl homologues of DMT in which the N,N-dimethyl substituents are replaced with longer and more hydrophobic aliphatic moieties include

N,N-diethyltryptamine (DET), N,N-dipropyltryptamine (DPT), N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (DIPT), N,N-diallyltryptamine (DAT), and

N,N-dibutyltryptamine. All of these derivatives, except for DBT, are psychoactive in humans, and all are orally active.

From http://www.melt2000.com/loudtruth/entheosp...icles/0018.html

quite right somnif. maybe what piers had was spelled DATT? don't mess with datt. bit of this, bit of datt etc. what the hell was datt?

Guest reville

Yes DAT

I guess now that its out in the open i might as well add what little i know

While i didnt get to try it myself, i hear that Nen was fortunate enough to partake of a dose. The method of administration was eccentric to say the least

23mg in Aqueous solution administered via Colonic irrigation.I hear the man at arms with the Coke bottle and Plastic hosing was mulga but this is only an unconfirmed report

So what the deal with DAT? i hear it causes Audial Hallucinations and inhibition of the ability to maintain coherent conversations.

Can someone clarify this report?

Assassin, did you end up catching up with those friends?

or conversly, did they end up catching up with you wink.gif

I'm really keen to hear a few more campfire dream/ stories as my absence from EB has left me ever so curious.

Do tell, please do tell.

Guest MIHKAL

bwaahaaahohaa. go rev. yes nens administration left a bit to be desired. however the auditory effect was something of a feature. t.a.f. known as WD.

nah adrian, i was told not to bring friends as i would meet many new (fresh) friends when we got there, but alas - friends were nowhere to be found, by the time we had met some new people it was time to go frown.gif i did catch up with elis on the way back though, that was pretty fun, sat on a veranda watching a multicoloured - white van, geting stoned with the next-door neigbour until 3 in the morning. i tell ya that dogs a fucken stoner... and yous were wondering why you couldnt get rid of it the next morning, it was feinding boohaha!