Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

habanero seed wanted for trade

im after some good hot chilli seed preferably

habanero...anyone wanna trade me some?

dragging up an old post

im also after habanero seeds... hottest chillis you can get apprently

wouldnt mind giving them a go

ME TOO! The purple ones sound interesting.

Or maybe ill have to wait next time I see them at a vendors, and grow them from seed.

i have a purple chilli plant it looks great. pretty hot too simular hotness to birds eye (bit less maybe) but they dont grow as big.

i just bought some pequin chillis plants the otehr day... they are rated 9/10 on hotness scale. waiting for them to fruit so i can give em a go

mmm

Mr B, getting some Rocoto seed in the next week..apparently a small tree that grows up to 5 years and a 9/10 on the hot-head scale

pm me if you like, but seed stock is limited(until I get'em growing )

got a couple of habaneros growing atm for seed. anyone still seeking in a month or two just remind me and i'll send some out. amusing to see 'danger' on the label, amusement will fly straight out the window after i rub my eyes with 'harvest hands' - always happens.

ha ha yes i would be very interested.

whats even worse is when u take a wizz afterwards.

wear gloves to harvest would be my advice

i have washed my hands (well!) after cutting hot chillis and still get hot sensitive parts.

do you know what type of habaneros they are?

lol...beware the "chilli willi"

smogs:

do you know what type of habaneros they are?

they're orange-ish on the label. if they grow true to the label then i would expect orange or yellow.

dont worrie about the seeds i was talkin to the guy at my local nursery and he gave me a punnet of oasis ones for free. woohoo

didnt know they had them

same type presumable... on the lable they are very orangy and have a strange shaped fruit. looks like a mini pumkin a bit.

i should have seeds in a few months if people are still interested...

I have some Habenero seeds for trade, theyre fresh. PM me if interested.

Oh yes, they are VERY hot. Although i havent eaten one yet, when opening up the chilli and planting some seed (with minimal handling and maximum hand washing afterwards), the HOT seemed to linger on my fingertips for at least 4 hours. Even after futher hand washing and showering. During this time i had accidently brushed my eyes and by the evening my fingertips were tingling comfortably on the keyboard.

It is the only homemade chilli sauce my friends mother threw out because of its excessive heat, and they are of Sri Lankan origin!

Be warned....... :D

now that sounds good!

they need to pass through a bird gizard to be viable dont they? or soaked in weak KNO3 solution?

also do you know what type of habaneros they are? i have some that have orange jack-o-lantern type fruit (going from the picture).

i hear the chocolate variety is the hottest?

I had average germination rates from just sowing with no pre-treatment, 40-50%. I suspect this would be higher if pre-treatment was used.

I am unsure which variety of Habenero i have, the fruit ripens red. I could scan a fruit/photo of plant if that would help ID?

no thanks its ok i have no experience with it.

i wouldnt mind some seeds if u had some spare tho

(starting up a chilli collection)

got some nice purple ones (plant is purple too)

and pequins

hey i got some hab seeds i got two types a really hot flacvoursome one and one thats not so hot but just as nice. i also hacve some sweet ones that look like tomatos some cayennne and some sweet ones that look like flowers and some birdseyes. ifd ya want some pm me