The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

effectz

Can anyone kindly provide an acurate comparison of SP/peruvian torch effects to shrooms and lsd (whose effects i already know)? thnx

In terms of neurochemistry or subjective experience?

I believe LSD, Psilocybin and Mescaline all affect very similar receptors in the brain, and all affect sensory interpretation causing synesthesia in regards to sensory stimulus.

The potency of each of the compounds vary, with mescaline being the weakest, and LSD being the strongest, in terms of the amount required for somatic effects.

Subjective differences are claimed as well, though as is the usual case they vary. Since the effects of say; psilocybin, are not the same in every person, it hard to say what the effects of mescaline will be. Many people report mescaline to produce more visual effects. Since the effects of the drugs are synesthetic the visuals are exogenous sensory stimulus, being interpreted by the brain as visual phenomena, hence sound, smell and touch can be seen visually. It helps to remember that on a neurobiological level the nerve signals for touch, hearing, taste, smell and sight are all the same. The compounds we are talking about resemble endogenous neurochemicals, hence their effects.

Since these chemicals all affect the same sites on the brain, and are individual and unique, the effects of them are all very similar, but each one is somewhat unique. At low doses they are practically indistinguishable, however at higher doses the individual effects begin to stand out.

One should remember that the mushrooms experience is not the same as a psilocybin experience, and likewise a cactus experience is not the same as a mescaline experience. They are slightly different, though they do owe the major effects to the aforementioned chemicals.

As far as subjective experience, it seems that many find cacti, such as San Pedro (and allies) to be much more pleasant than mushrooms and LSD. This is not always the case and as implied above individual experience varies.

Barring pre-existing mental illness, these compounds are all safe, with no adverse side effects, other than persecution for their use.

[ 24. August 2005, 23:10: Message edited by: Archaea ]

And a well deserved welcome back to you too, Archaea :)

I don't think I've ever read a post of yours that I didn't enjoy thoroughly.

Thanks archaea, already aware of chemical similarities, im more interested in subjective exp of cactus preparations not pure mescaline sulfate. I like shrooms cleaness being organic and want to know more about cactus and its potential. General internet reports seem too varied. I would like to know if the nausea is actually that bad or whether the euphoria and empathy is the same as shrooms and good lsd. More intense visuals sound good tho!

quote:

I would like to know if the nausea is actually that bad or whether the euphoria and empathy is the same as shrooms and good lsd.

From what I have read, nausea is initial when present and not often a major aspect of the experience. Preparation method seems to have a large bearing upon nausea, and experiences lacking significant nausea don't seem uncommon.

Empathy seems pretty common in trip reports. Also common is a feeling of subjectivity, allowing suggestion and autosuggestion to play a significant psychological role during the experience. This influence means that feelings such as euphoria are subjective, and even relative to setting, and subject. This sensitivity means that one may pursue an experience that is entirely pleasurable, or that other ways to trip can be found. Some ways might be relative to constructive introspective analysis, or even holistic purposes.

In short while euphoria is a possibility, the drugs can be used in many ways and in my opinion euphoria is only one subjective emotional possibility.

That being said euphoria is quite common in mescaline experiences, at least in parts of them; from what I have read.

The empathy I would address similarly if I wasn't starting to bore myself. It can be present, even prevalent, and is common, but is not exclusive or guaranteed.

Blah blah blah

:)

cacti have a more stimulating effect than lsd or shrooms. some find the use of cactus as an emotional/spiritual catalyst is more effective and heart opening than lsd or shrooms. powerful medicine indeed, large doses seem way more intense than large doses of L or shrooms

they are in a different family of psycoactives

phikal and tikal by dr.shulgin(online at erowid?)

have great subjective reports at varying doses of many compounds. good luck :)

[ 26. August 2005, 05:01: Message edited by: dg420 ]

"cacti have a more stimulating effect than lsd or shrooms. some find the use of cactus as an emotional/spiritual catalyst is more effective and heart opening than lsd or shrooms. powerful medicine indeed, large doses seem way more intense than large doses of L or shrooms"

Nicely put dg420 :) . I think Cacti has a very much more stimulating effect then say either LSD ( which is stimulating dont get me wrong) and Mushrooms - which can be very dreamy

I think thier is some empathy more so with nature and plants etc then with ppl

Also Cacti at larger doses can be a very emotional/spiritual journey depending on the situation. It seems like it takes one right too the edge but not over Like Dg420 said Powerfull Medicine Indeed!

wow-every ache in my body, especially in my knees, i could feel the cacti working on,u could literally feel it working on the soreness-like some divine full body messuese -to stretch was pure bliss,(to go to the toilet was pure ecstacy!!lol) i coughed and hoiked every bong out of my lungs that i had had in the last ten years,as my body was soothed and repaired.Tranquility and the ability to contemplate was present-really pure bliss.This feeling went for a night and a day,then when i finally had a sleep, i awoke refreshed, as if i had been given a brand spanking new body, invigorated and ready to take on lifes challenges with ease.Cacti are a wonderful healing medicine in my opinion, and what a shame that this society embraces alcohol and tobacco instead of these wonderful,harmless healing plants that we all know and love-what a way for this society to move forward.

what a way for this society to move forward.

agreed, spread the love