The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Eileen does spineshifting..again

I am very interested, in the pall and the C pictures. I would love to get a cut of the C clone some time, if you ever have one to sell, think of me.

:)

Ok Rev, no problem, I guess I must have been feeling a bit paranoid that night.. :P

Thank you for the offer reshroomED, I didnt see your first offer further up this thread so I think thats why I thought Rev was aiming at me.

Rev has kindly offerd to take care of me so I dont want to be gready and accept yours as well when there are so many skilled collectors wanting to propagate them.

However if you have enough left on the next round I would be very grateful for one then. :)

thumb_trich%202.jpg

thumb_Trich%203.jpg

These look similar, can anyone positively identify?

The pics arent very big to me but id have to say they are scops..

I'd love to buy/swap for a cuting of Eileen sometime in the future if you stock ever gets bigger too rev...

Thanks

[ 08. July 2005, 08:06: Message edited by: dodie303 ]

damn straight!!

eileen kicks ass!!!

id love one!!!

:)

some recent experimnets in areole grafting are looking promising

that would change everything in regards to spped and cost availability of not only this but any proven stocks

The pictures dont do them justice, the top picture has three limbs, all with probably a 6 inch diametre, the limb on the right is growing with only four ribs at the moment, The biggest limb would be over a metre in height.

The bottom picture (specifically the specimen on the right) I think is a bridge, and watch ouT!

I've made a contribution to this at the Nook, in the "Trichocereus species 'C' & the SS02" thread.

My plants diameters are quite a bit smaller though as I don't have that strong Australian sun on my side here. All this "bridgesioids" stay pretty thin around my parts. To bad I can't take all my plants and move to Australia eh?

~Michael~

michael, you could...

i mean this serious, if you realy want it.

i am sure you or your wife has qualifications which would get you a working visa.

and all of us would start creating a michael cacti fund saving up money for the quarantine.

it would be the best thing you ever did, come on and ask your cacti, see they all scream yes, please. mr. ms smith we all would like you to come, as this would have major positive implication for you and us.

i guess pachanois grow 4 times as fast over here, compared to your place.

i writte this because i don't agree if people have dreams (even if they far fetched) and say oh but it's impossible. everything is possible, stopp dreaming, and start working towards it.

if you don't have skilled migrants qualifications, than you proly don't stand a chance migrating...

Sorry, I don't want to hijack the thread here

Er, Michael no, No, NO... stay here!

Save yourself the hassle and money

and just move to Southern Kalifornia~!

It's the land that makes real Hollywood dreams come true...

Where else can a poor immigrant body builder ...

become a business millionaire before 30,

then translate over to being a very successful

(and yet, still completely unintelligible) actor,

only to move onto politics and become the governor

of one of the worlds largest economies?

Come on... honestly... can it get any crazier than that?

Oh yeah,

-He's also married to a Kennedy... :D

Did I mention this area is GREAT for cacti too... :cool:

leave them outdoors year round and watch them soak it up

we've got it all.... just name it.

sea, surf, sand, mountains, forest and desert ...

and a 3rd world latin nation to visit.

all within a 1 hour drive from each other.

hehehhehehe :)

[ 11. July 2005, 23:34: Message edited by: Flip ]

hehehe michael you should see the growth we get here, in under 2 years ive got kk242's that are 30cm+ :) . mareeba on the atherton tablelands would in my opinion be even better :D it gets half as much rain as cairns, it gets cooler in winter, its got more altitude and gets more hours of sunshine :D

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=7121

I can tell you that's over a foot tall in that picture. :D

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=7119 1m+

I wish we had some more Eileens over here...

I wonder how she would do?

(trying to get back on thread)

Is there any link between growth rates and morphing between the 3 forms

(one form growing faster than the others)?

good question... will observe

We'd love u here MS

but wed have to keep u in a mobile home to stop u and your collection from being re-abducted abck to the US

prob better u stay there but move to a more tricho friendly district

but dont forget us come holiday time

we barely got started last time

wicked pics flip :) thats somthing i will aim for, i think they will be approx 50cm by the time they hit 2 years :)

I am in the States and I have seedlings about 18 months old that are 25cm tall. I think you can give ideal conditions anywhere, on any continent, and there is no magic location.

gallery_931_23_169447.jpg

Here is a photo, all the plants in it are the same age, they are mostly Bridgesii X pachanoi, but one is a macrovianoid X Juuls Giant. The pot in the picture is 27.9 cm across. The age of the plants is 18 months. I am sure those two larger ones will be well above 30cm by the time they are 2 years old.

I think as far as container culture goes location is trivial, I am about 1300 meters above sea level and in a zone where the cold would kill the plants if I did not take them inside for about half of the year.

[ 12. July 2005, 18:46: Message edited by: Archaea ]

"Possession is Nine tenth's of the Law".

And I agree, it doesn't really matter where your cacti live

as long as, you can provide the proper environment

Thats the real trick, after all

But it sure it one hell of a lot easier if you live somewhere friendlier.

Like in the happy sunshine state, " the land of fruits and nuts" :P

[ 13. July 2005, 07:34: Message edited by: Flip ]

ok, we gave you wernher von braun (so you could fly to the moon) and arnold schwarzenegger (so you could make movies about getting your arse to mars) all i want in return is michael.

that's more than fair.

i will not further sidetrack, but michael got bitten by the ozzie bug (just as i have one time) and quite frankly there is no cure.

california instead of oz, don't think so, not even florida...

and the beer is much better...

Strangebrew's right...not even Florida.

But I must admit, Florida is where my wife wants to be. I'm alright with that, but I worry about having every single possession I own destroyed in a freakin hurricane!

I lived in LA once for a short time, and though large, the weather is perfect!

I lived in Phoenix once too, but it is too damn hot.

The ozzie bug...it's real.

I get shitty growth doing pot culture all the time. Sure I may be able to get some decent growth, but once the plants hit a certain size, I can't pot up, or I can't carry the pot around anymore, I get slowed growth. That is when the knife comes and the plants get cut into sections, some for propagation, some for sale/trade.

Yeah rev, we did barely get started didn't we. You're not even aware of what I am actually capable of...but I think you have an idea. There were a number of things I missed out on in Australia, or weren't as successful as I might have liked.

Rev, thanks for the mail. Received and well. Photos soon. (How do you post them here without the "browse" feature?)

~Michael~

that was quick :)

good-O then, shall get the next away..

www.shaman-australis.com.au/gallery2

enjoy

How about Hawaii

then i can come visit you :D

[ 13. July 2005, 12:28: Message edited by: Rev ]

ok so there is no one perfect place but what more can you ask for, tropicals grow excelent, and so do cacti :) it is definetly magical :D

teonanacatl:

ok so there is no one perfect place but what more can you ask for, tropicals grow excelent, and so do cacti :) it is definetly magical :D

isnt it. Its still my long term goal

give me a few more years and well be neighbours :)