The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

any idea on wot these cacti are??

ill give it a good tharough inspection when my section arrives

:D

hope it is a scop then it can replace my one that vanished!

:mad:

i think ill name him erny

this pic just posted the one in the front looks like a trich, is that the same one as in the very top pick, the close up one??? all the others look like cereus's :D

I see many little ones down the bottom right hand corner that look spiky enough to be T. Spachianus :)

this old guru at tafe reckons the big boy is t.spachianus,,,heaps of the lil spiky ones around?? i reckon the big ones a scop and the lil spiky ones are c.peruvians

we should get a betting pot or something going!

i reckon the big 1 in front is a T. scop... the jumbo 1 at the back is a cerus spp. and as for the spikey hairy ones... not sure but i see ones like this allt he time at plant joints

would need a closer look

ive looked everywhere up here and they only have cereus sp. if i ever found one that big i would cry and if i couldnt have it i would visit it every day. wat a creature :D

There are more than two types of cacti in that last pic dude.

I can see some small spachianus in the front right, and a scop looking one with 3 branches in front of a couple of stenocereus and cereus in the background.

That's my last bet

farked that up, big one at the back, cereus spp,big one at the front scop,,lil spiky ones in foreground t.spachianus,,,,

take it easy,jono

ok folks jono was kind enough to send me some of this cacti and i have to say its the biggest farkin cacti ive ever seen. its like a huge t-Rex's willy, the biggest piece jono sent me is 60cm in circumfrence and 20cm in diameter !!!!! wow what a monster, i showed my neighbor because i just had to show someone.

Yeah everyone was smart enough to ask for some except for me :(

Now everyone is telling me "HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THIS THING". :/

Kudos Jono. Good Karma for you.

WOH JONO!! just got my specimen. HOLY SHIT! its bigger than a fucking chicken! i havnt got a pot big enough to plant it! ROFLMAO gonna be a long night! Def T Scop! thanks dude love ya heaps and owe ya a BJ :D :D :P

lol i was thinking what pot to put it in to minimise etioliation. i think im going to havta mark out a 10sq m area in the backyard :D lol im gonna take this thing everywhere with me just to show people :D and i think i might call him lerch or the hulk :D

hulk sounds cool man!Im sure hell be right!!Glad everyone is happy with them,,maybee this spring hell be putting out heaps of pups from the stump,,i left a stump in the ground,,so ill let u guys know whats available then! :cool: p.s u guys will hafto put up some pics of the growing tips potted up and looking cool,that would b tops!!!!

straight up Jono, your a legend! u kno we all love you...now who's got a forklift I can borrow so I can lift these scops from the postage box!! fooking monsters!

cheers from the pit,

BL

Take some pollen when they flower guys!