The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Delosperma algoense

Does anyone know anything about the above ??

I am wondering if they have similar properties to Sceletium and/or D.Bosseranum.

(Orig. posted at EBA)

Does any1 know anything about delosperma 'Grey Pebble' variety? I think it may be d. minimum

According to Trout's notes on Some Other Succulents, several Delosperma species were assayed by TLC and showed tryptamine bands. He suspected tryptamine alkaloids might be present in Sceletium species although no species were tested.

As of yet, no one seems to have followed through on this line of research.

Trout's Sacred Succulents (Second Edition, Revised) doesn't list Delosperma algoense or D. minimum at all in the index, but in the text it does mention D. minimum as having 4'-O-demethylmesembrenol, mesembrenone and two unidentified alkaloids (p.234). Trout states that these alkaloids were found at "trace levels."

Trout cites 8 Delosperma as containing 5-MeO-DMT, and 9 as containing DMT (p.227).

I have Shaman Australis to thank for this wonderful Revised edition as I had only the original second edition prior to my visit.

~Michael~

since mesembrine etc are tryptamines could the reports of dmt and 5meo relate to breakdown products or stages in a proccess which results in mesembrine etc ?

so will anyone spill the beans and list these delosperma species or are we all expected to buy the book?

t s t .

quote:

so will anyone spill the beans and list these delosperma species or are we all expected to buy the book?

Oh yes please, I have the possibility of find these Delosperma species:

-delosperma aberdeenense

-delosperma abyssinicum

-D. annulare

-D. ashtonii

-D. bosseranum

-D. caespitosum

-D. crassum

-D. echinatum

-D. ecklonis

-D. esterhuyseniae

-D. floribundum

-D. harazianum

-D. herbeum

-D. hirtum

-D. klinghardtianum

-D. longipes

-delosperma lydenburgense

-D. macellum

-D. nakurense

-D. obtusum

-D. rogersii var.glabrescens

-D. rogersii

-D. steytlerae

Any goodies in the above list?

Thank you everyone for your help,

Bye,

Salah

true....and I guess the recipe for prepare Sceletium powder will not work with these Delosperma....really, I recently discover the pleasure of simply grow these sacred plants...even if I am not going to use them :)

Bye,

Salah

I have cooperi

which interetingly is not much of a succulent

looks like one but isnt very drought resistant as its actually a straight c3 metaboliser and lacks the water efficient additional CAM cycle that most of these other succulents have

No flowers yet

i have aptenia cordifola(reported mesembrine alks) and delosperma cooperi(trout says DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, seems to depend on season) available for free to anyone who will prepare it and preform analysis.

i am not from aus, i realize the majority of you are, i can try to send some out if ya want but if there are others from somewhere else that it is more likely to get through customs it will go to them.

Aptenia cordifolia shouldn't be too hard to get hold of in Aus. I have a decent sized plant and can break a bit off if anyone is desperate for a small amount.