The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Felix

Trichocereus SS02 clone

Not sure whether it's a Pachanoi/peruvian but does anyone own or have any info on this apparently potent clone?

Hey Felix, the SS02 appears to be more of a T. bridgesii. I don't know anything of its potency, but do understand that there are anecdotal reports of high concentrations of the alkaloid mescaline.

I have had a single plant for a couple years but the damn thing appears to not grow at all for me. Maybe I should check for root mealies. Ugh!

Thanks Michael, I thought I had read somewhere that it may be a bridgesii. Could the slow growth be a trait of the clone? It may also explain the high concentration of alkaloids...

i don't know if this sounds dumb, but isn't the concept of the most potent clone/cactus NOT the question of which cactus produces the highest concentration of alkaloids in its growth tissue, but that GROWTH FACTOR must also be multiplied into the equation?

For instance, I could spend the next 10 years farming Trich Pachanoi, or farming optunia (prickly pear). After 10 years I reackon Id have so much more prickly pear that I reckon a total harvest would yeild more goodies. Therefore in this regard, optunia would seem to be the more "potent" "mescaline-machine".

Not that i'd ever do anything like that of course.

thel - at some concentration it just doesn't appear viable to extract the goodies, so high yield is a good thing.

even more important is high yield if you intend to blend and chugg.