The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Pictures of Sceletium

Check the Ed Dunkel folder in the public folder on the SAB server.

Pictures of Sceletiums

(feel free to ask me about the pictures)

I could help out with the web pages but I have no experience with such things. (could be a good learning experience tho')

It's starting to flower (the "juobertii" that is)

I'll take piccies.

smogs:

hey i just found a big patch of what looks to me exactly like the pictures above with same flowers only red on the street.

Have something that fits this description in the garden,but grows more laterally than upwards and the leaves don't dry??

Torsten:

would love a copy.

so what are the tepals. I presume they are below the sepals? or is it just a misspelling of petals?    

tepel is a term used when petals and sepels cant be distinguished, tulips are a good example.

mescalito:

mescalito:

hey i just found a big patch of what looks to me exactly like the pictures above with same flowers only red on the street.

Have something that fits this description in the garden,but grows more laterally than upwards and the leaves don't dry?? does it look like this at all?

ice.jpg

i found this one day recently and thought it was a sceletium at first. i think it may be Aptenia cordifolia.

Crouch, N.R., Smith, G.F. and Smith M.T. (2000). Aptenia cordifolia L.f. Schwantes (mesembryanthemaceae) in Zulu traditional medicine: An overview. Plant Growth Regulation 32: 49-58.

could be a good read