The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Hoodia gordonii

Any more news on the Hoodia gordonii situation?

Does anyone have seeds or cuttings of this?

Is it easy to look after?

I found this:

Product Name:

Lipodrene™

Dose per Unit: 660 mg

Units per Bottle: 100 Tablets

Qty Price Order

1 $24.50

2 $45.90

$22.95/Bottle

3 $65.85

$21.95/Bottle

ULTIMATE APPETITE SUPPRESSION ...

the HOODIA CACTUSCentral to any successful weight loss aid is the ability to suppress the appetite.

And, the Hoodia Cactus is like no other in the field of appetite suppression.

Hoodia is a succulent plant that grows throughout the semi-arid areas of Southern Africa and . The native bushmen have traditionally used Hoodia stems to stave off hunger and thirst when on long journeys, as it acts as an appetite suppressant.

Lipodrene™ contains a unique extract found in South Africa and Botswana's Hoodia Gordonii cactus.

The Hoodia Cactus has been used as an appetite suppressant for centuries by the Kung tribe in South Africa. And, it is so potent, pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer, has bought the rights (with some controversy) for $32 million to market a synthetic derivative of the Hoodia cactus.

With this extreme interest in the Hoodia Cactus from Pfizer, HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS researched it further and found this extract to be a "miracle slimming agent". Another source was found to be in Botswana, allowing Lipodrene™ to be the only product that offers the incredible weight-reducing benefits of the Hoodia Cactus.

Supplement Facts

per One (1) Tablet

Proprietary Blend:

Sida Cordifolia Extract (leaves) supplying 25 mg. Ephedrine Group Alkaloids), Citrus Aurantium 10% (fruit), U.S.P. Caffeine 100 mg. 5-Hydroxytryptophan, 5-Methoxytryptamine, Green Tea Extract (leaves), Cassia Nomame (whole plant), Hoodia 12:1 Extract (Cactus),yohimbe Extract (bark), Naringen (fruit)

660 mg.

Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, solutab, magnesium stearate, aerosil, FD&C yellow #10.

Suggested Use: Take 1 tablet an hour after breakfast and 1 tablet an hour after lunch.

I've got something to send you anyway, so I'll include some Hoodia seeds and you can tell us how they go (untested).

if those ingredients are correct ,gomaos,i dont hold much hope for this plant,at least not as a stimulant.

or else they wouldn't need to add ephedrine,caffine and yohimbine containing plants!

should be a bit of a buzz from that mix anyway!

t s t .

Cheers Torsten. :)

Shit it has happened again. Please delete all coppies below.

By the way, how does one upload an image they have on file?

[ 20. March 2003, 12:15: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

I haven't got my own website. Can I borrow someones?

t st tantra:

if those ingredients are correct ,gomaos,i dont hold much hope for this plant,at least not as a stimulant.

or else they wouldn't need to add ephedrine,caffine and yohimbine containing plants!

should be a bit of a buzz from that mix anyway!

t s t .

true. but it would be great if it was a true appetite suppressant.

t st - the San have used this herb for centuries and never needed any yohimbe or ephedra to achieve good results. I think those things are mixed into the preparations cos the hoodia itself is too expensive.

ed - bloody hell. How do you keep doing that?? I deleted them all. The different smilies in each make it a little easier - thank you.

There is a public upload folder on this server. Now where is that link to the instructions.....

I always get a "Document contains no data" alert prior to the multiple message thing. Netscape 7.0

Any link on the public folder?

actually i wonderdered later if they just had some old herbal e to get rid of?

t s t .

Hope this works:

hoodiagordonii.jpg

[ 25. March 2003, 18:01: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

:P:) :cool: :D :rolleyes: :confused:

Cheers Torsten.

[ 25. March 2003, 18:03: Message edited by: Ed Dunkel ]

Nice pretty flower there.

Torsten, how many seeds do you have?

Any idea how quick it grows.

I cant picture how a pharm. co. could have a crop of column cacti. Would look quite weird.

k.

Ed - there was a superfluous single bracket wich I deleted and now it works.

Originally posted by squiresk:

Torsten, how many seeds do you have?

Plenty. Planning on making it an SAB item as soon as I know germination results.

Any idea how quick it grows.

None whatsoever.

I cant picture how a pharm. co. could have a crop of column cacti. Would look quite weird.

I think they are planning to involve the traditional owners into the farming/collecting.

Cactus!!!????? Who are these people trying to give innocent pedants heart attacks?

As for the claimed ingredients it looks as though they are trying to induce weight loss by the proven method of killing the patient. Cassia (Senna pods sound familiar?) is available as tea bags in Spain as a slimming tea. The idea being that your food passes through the gut so quickly that all the nutrients are still there in the toilet pan.

Talking of which, how does that flower smell?

Yes i noticed that too

I guess real estate values downwind of hoodia plantations will be dropping fast if it smells anything like the staphelias

Just got one seedling popping up after just over one week of sowing it in cactus mix.

See how it goes.

Anyone know if it is easy to make cutting from?

Cool.

I might try and grow some of the other Hoodias to test later, i found a nice list from a South african company - springhill

I'd really really like some of these seeds...I'm sure they'd do well here...most of the trichocereus/scopulicolous seeds I planted a couple of months ago have germinated, so did the werdemannius(spelling)...who'll give me some seeds...pleaase please please...I need them most, I'm overweight...

gom - I had some for you for the meeting, but I didn't end up going. I will send them up. One condition though, you have to give me a plant back

Cool, most definitely will.

So far I've been pretty successful with germinating cactus seeds...in one box I've got "hundreds"(maybe 200) of pachanoi/scop crosses coming up...those werdemannius are looking pretty good too...and I've got all these golden barrel seedlings, not to mention countless blue cereus...wish they were good for something...

Once or twice the cat got in and destroyed a lot of seeds...but that now has also been prevented...the weather has been real good lately for germinating cacti here...in a shade house....

(no artificial light)

oh well just another hope for the magic slimming potion ...could really do with it...even quite a bit of walking almost every day doesn't seem to help with losing weight....

gomaos- I think that if you really need an appetite supressant to lose weight, you'll just put it back on again when you stop taking it. Dr T prescribes strenuous mushroom-hunting expeditions. And eating mushrooms instead of food.

I wonder how much 5Meo-T is in that stuff? Swapping amines is easy. Anyone got di-isopropylamine lying around?