The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

God hates the oil industry

Was just thinking today that when Katrina hit New Orleans the christian extremists said that it was god's punishment for allowing the gay parade that coming weekend. The presumed thousands of deaths were cited as collateral damage.

But if we were being objective about what is being hurt the most by Katrina, then it would have to be the oil industry. 50% of drilling platforms are out of action with over 10% of them sunk. All refineries along the impact zone were shut down and many damaged to the point where they won't reopen for a while.

And if there is any doubt, then look where Rita is heading. It decided to spare the people, but is heading straight for the stretch of coastline with the most oil facilities in all of the USA.

Isn't it obvious? God hates the oil industry. But somehow I doubt the christian right will see it that way ....

The christian right are actually pretty clever with this sort of thing. They will just twist it to say its divine punishment on the rest of them for "allowing" the "immorality" to exist. No matter what happens they've got their bases covered unfortunately.

It is funny to me though that Bush claims that god told him to start the wars and now hurricanes are destroying the oil for his war machine. How can he explain that one.

what goes around - comes around - it's hitting bush's own state.

An Oil for an Oil, seems to me what is going on.

God does not punish - people that do not know how to listen to God (nature) punish themselves. All humans - except a special few - live in sin ( sin = is derrived from the spanish word "without" - without god in this case )

I just realised that those who don't know I am pretty much an atheist might actually not recognise the sarcasm in my initial post. So yeah, I meant all that in a sarcastic tone.

BUSH must be sweating now, the public will overlook the lost revenue from oil, they will just see the stupid amount of money he has spent on war, and weight up the national deficet.

what the fuch has this clown doing with all that money??????????

Seems like proof to me that Bush has the Almighty on his side. With so much of the US's domestic oil production threatened, there will now be no choice but to open up currently protected wilderness areas to the oil companies.

Bush and the oil industry have been trying for years to get enough public support to drill in Alaska and other environmentally sensitive areas. This will tip the scales enough for that scheme to soon come to fruition.

quote:

50% of drilling platforms are out of action with over 10% of them sunk.

I reckon it's an insurance job , i bet it was the old ones needing a refit or nearing the end of thier use that were effected.

I'm sure god just was angry with the new laws in lousiana... :)

quote:

Effective Aug 8, 2005 (signed into law Jun 28, 2005) Louisiana Act No 159 makes 40 plants illegal, including S. divinorum, when intended for human consumption. The law specifically excludes the "possession, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting" of these plants if used "strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes."

quote:

Effective Aug 8, 2005 (signed into law Jun 28, 2005) Louisiana Act No 159 makes 40 plants illegal, including S. divinorum, when intended for human consumption. The law specifically excludes the "possession, planting, cultivation, growing, or harvesting" of these plants if used "strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes."

I remember this wasn't T posting about this a while ago ?

LOL muegel. I'd forgotten about that. :D

imho, if we were located at th earths heart, we'd be jiggin to th beat. as it seems, we're at th bak end gettin shit at the moment.

the sun and the moon have probably been advised of the party, since they seem to be of similar being type.

we're on our own, so to speak. thats why it feels so bad to hear of incidents involving unnecessary death. yes im talkin 2 u, bush! :mad:

the only time I may accept that a hurricane is divinely inspired is if one appears and plucks bush up and spits him out at sea :P