The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bundy

Seed ring

I'm interested in getting some seeds froms the Australian free seed ring. They want my phone number to create an account, what up with that? Why do they need it, whats wrong with e-mail?

SAB also wants my number, Why o why do you need it

[ 07. July 2005, 17:21: Message edited by: Bundy ]

Well, if they're feeding all your personal details to the 'feds, but not your phone number, they don't get paid as much. :)

They just want that info, so they can contact you if there are any problems with your order.

What if they try to deliver, but the goods come back 'return to sender'? How will they ever contact you to find out your correct address?

Okay, so they use your e-mail. But your hotmail account has expired. So, SAB took $100 off you and never delivered the goods. And because they never asked for your phone number, they can't get it to you, or apoligise.

Seriously, these are all good people. Don't be too paranoid. :)

actually, I am pretty sure we don't require a phone number in the sign up. It's supposed to be optional.

But seriously, if anyone has a problem supplying a phone number just put 0000000000 in the field. But then don't complain if we can't reach you for whatever reason. We sometimes also use the phone number to verify credit card details in cases where paymate sends up a warning flag. Without phone number we would have to reject some orders.

Please keep in mind that we do not sell anything that is illegal. Hence neither us nor you have anything to hide from authorities - ie authorities have little interest in any of this data. In any case, you can delete your account after you have received your order (or ask us to do it).

I love this place.

Benzito, I've been meaning to ask, how is that little office loph of yours doing? :)

Healthier than the one I've got at home actually! It's loving it in here! :)

Very bright green new growth, but I expected that with it being so far from the window. Poor guy wants a bit more sun I think.

But I got two, exact same size, from SAB at the same time. Put one in my office, and kept one at home. The one at home is actually a little soft pile of mush at the moment, and it hasn't grown at all. I may have to discard it.

The rains last week really upset him, and I didn't think to bring him inside, so his growth is further stunted.

I pampered the one at home, moved it around to the warmer spots throughout the day, watered it with fertiliser about once a month, etc.

And it has not grown a millimeter. I learnt the hard way how to best care for cactii.

The guy on my desk has been watered twice, in about 5 months, and just gets his pot rotated 90degrees each week, for full light exposure.

And he loves it!

Let this be a lesson to you all. You need to find one spot closest to the conditions your plant likes in the wild, and then leave it there.

Every time I move a plant around to try and keep him happy all day long, it dies within a few months.

Plants are very adaptive, but they can't adapt two times a day! :)

BTW: Thanks for asking Apo . :)

Actually, when John Saffran vs God was on TV, everyone was at work talking about him drinking the peyote in that one episode. Everyone was chucking about stupid facts like "Peyote comes from a vine", "Peyote makes you vomit for one week straight", "Peyote does this" blah blah. And I just sat there not even getting involved in the conversation, just smirking to myself.

Thinking: There's peyote on my desk you idiots! :D

Benz i know exactly wot ur talkin about in regards to the John Safran vs. God thing. It was unbelievable the shit people were coming up wiht when it was talked about. Stuff like it's just vodka and u vomit for a week like u sed but the funniest one was they use peote to make fabric. wot idiots thats hemp.

I'm not paranoid nor do I do anything illegal, if I was I’d be surfing from a Clean Laptop on wireless connection going through multiple proxy’s not bothering to order from this site as there are much more interesting but illegal stuff out there.

Any phone number is pretty useless as I’m asleep during the day and hate being woken up. I don't mind using my number as long as e-mail is the first attempted contact. I really hate being woken up.

It takes months of inactivity from a yahoo account before it’s deactivated.

My lophs got killed recently through the kindness of a border, they turned into mush I 'm devastated they were 4+years and now there gone :( One survived. Don’t let others water your plants.

Benz, good to hear, and definitely over loving is the no 1 cause of death!

I think a good motto is "when you want to water it, just give it a pat instead".

I remember when I was researching for my first cannabis grow (did you know it's illegal? I had no idea at the time!) I saw lots of people on forums who were killing their plants with overloving, and the best solution to me seemed to be a magnifying glass.

You want to spend your time around the plant you are nuturing, but you don't know what to do so you over love it. If you have a magnifying glass you can just sit there and examine it

Bundy, we process nearly 1500 orders per year and of these I might need to ring 10 or so. So you are pretty safe in your daytime slumber (in any case, I usually sleep till after lunch anyway, so it wold never be an early call).

If yahoo & hotmail acounts take that long to expire, then I wonder why out of 1000 or so members on these forums EVERY WEEK at least one lets their forum email address lapse (which clutters up my error reports) :mad:

Maybe I should require phone numbers for forum sign up :rolleyes: (just kidding!!!)

Sleeping late is good for ya, realy it is.

For yahoo it used to be 28 days but its three months now, i think. I used to lose lots of mail till they changed it. My guess is that theres lots of paroniond people here who get a new e-mail address just for this site.

Yeah Apo, I once grew an MJ plant, before I moved to Aus. And I remember I was moving this little seedling outside during the day, and at night I was putting it under aquarium lights, and fertilising it with fish emulsion with every second watering, and after all this fussing, the thing was virtually a Bonsai.

It had a 1cm thick stem, but was only about 8cm tall, with 12 or so leaves.

You've never seen internodes spaced so closely.

This poor plant was struggling to survive, so hard. But it was in a different climate every 12 hours or so! It got a couple of months from harvest time and this plant was still less than 30cm tall, and looking very scraggly, then I was moving it inside one day, and the pot fell from my hand.

And just like buttered bread, a pot-plant always lands upside down. Poor guy snapped at the base, he never even had a chance.

Even if it had survived, this plant would've provided about 2gm of buds and that's it!

After that, the loph, and a few other plants, I have decided that a plant should never be moved around, but just established in one spot and left there.

P.S: Don't even bother pointing out the mistakes I made with the MJ plant, I'm aware now, just wasn't at the time. :D

[ 09. July 2005, 00:27: Message edited by: Benzito ]