The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Benzito

Evaporating Ketamine

quote:

Why is it that ppl do an im injection of k or dxm and not iv. Is there a problem with iv or is it just not worth it?

vein to brain is about 10-15 secs, so if you stop to smell the roses you're gonna wake up covered in blood with the needle still in your arm. also, people typically only bang up k IM because the experience is qualitatively better over snorting/swallowing... whereas IM vs IV i think would be more a matter of saving money and being a hardcore junkie.

a while back i contemplated injecting DXM IM and posted on the dextroverse, it wasn't well received. only report i've found is on erowid, but the guy took waaaaay to much for it to be useful. so if anyone's tried this i'd be curious to hear about it.

ergoamide

IM. is kind of slow release. Over all it lasts longer. ONLY do it this way if you’re got viles from the pharmaceutical comp. suck it up straight from the vile. Getting particles in your mussel is VERY BAD. Cotton filters just aren’t good enough.

Iv. if your got powdery k and insist on wacking it uses ¼ or less of what you would other wise use. work your way up SLOWLY to your satisfied. Also have your sharps bin next to you open, and put your needle straight into it. Coming to with a needle in your hand is not fun.

If your thinking about injecting DXM syrup, just don’t. If its pharmaceutical made for injecting….

Get your stuff from a needle exchange programme, its free and they have excellent literature on different injecting techniques.

Be safe, Stay clean, use sharp bins and take them to a exchange for disposal. Please don’t chuck your sharps bin in the rubbish. You might know this already but it has to be said.

Iv drug use doesn’t= Junkie Someone who’s prioritys are drugs dose. Whether you smoke, inject IV or IM, snort, or suck on a glass dick.

CS: great point!

Not only junkies use needles. People tend to get a very negative vibe from the use of needles...why?

well there is the whole junkies are dirty therefore needles are dirty

OR

my personal theory that needles are usually asossiated with hospitals, doctors, sickness and pain.

I reckon its a mix beween the two theorys that build up the negative stigma.

devils_cactus:

Not only junkies use needles. People tend to get a very negative vibe from the use of needles...why?

IMO its because the public face of needle use is ugly, that's all people see and they think no further. Much like associating all alcohol use with people down on their luck, dressed in some grubby coat hurling abuse at the passing public while drinking methylated spirits from a bottle in a brown paper bag.

Certainly abuse is a sad aspect of any drug, and most have abuse potential if not actual habituation possibilities. But the broader use perspective is out there for those who care to think, whether they choose to ingest or not

Its also because these liquids for injection tend to be quite thick and are not designed for I.V uses unless stated or diluted. this is also the reason they suggest using needles gagues over 29.

All this aside I used to I.V diazepam for injection all the time so it can be done but I used to do all sorts of supid shit I would never do these days.. LOL

Oh and if your going to inject stuff like pills, un tested powders and the like ALWAYS use a syinge filter/filter-disc!

These are available from some exchanges or I belive FF has them as well.

this has been done where legal, of course!

but i used to love IV'ing k!

it comes on VERY fast tho and doesnt last quite as long

sometime its too quick to b of any value whereas stated above IM is a bit more slow release!

i still love IV tho:D

best K i ever had was a fluffy yellow powder,

was told it was sundried, fucken unbelievable.

always wanted to try IM but cant get any vials

I see so in essence you could iv k and dxm. I wasn't reaffereing to iv the syrup coz that is really stupid not 2 mention the amount u would have 2 use, injecting 100ml not my kinda thing or almost anyone's im sure. It was just a question in general interest and expanding my knowledge coz i think its always better 2 know wot ur doin than just thinking you do. And from wot im lead to believe K is kind of short lasting whereas DXM has longer lasting effects so this would influence efftecs form the different methods would it not.

[ 18. July 2005, 08:05: Message edited by: ergoamide ]