The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ayaibo

Mapacho

Hi

I am new in Australia and from oversea (EU) so I do not know exactly the law in Aussie. I have done lots of dieta with plants.

I have seen that I could find some aya and chacruna here in Australia for just a growth purpose which is good.

I miss a lot of tobacco (mapacho) for purging and cleaning myself.

I found on internet some peruvian shop which can sell and send some mapacho around the world but I know Australia is really hard and strict concerning biosecurity, plants...

I would like to know , what is my best way to have some ? grow it myself here ? or do you think if I buy some in Peru, it will arrive here without any problem?

If the custom catches it, what could happen to me ?

I do not want any problem with the custom and the australian gov .

(Base in QLD)

thanks

Edited by ayaibo

Growing tobacco and mapacho is highly illegal in Australia and is the same as growing cannabis.

However people do grow it.

Importing tobacco is fine you will just have to pay a tax.

See https://www.ato.gov.au/businesses-and-organisations/gst-excise-and-indirect-taxes/tobacco-and-excise/excise-duty-rates-for-tobacco

Hi ayaibo, rapè and ambil are difficult to find in Aust but I've never had trouble getting thru customs.  I think 5kg is the Max for importing tobacco products (but I may have that wrong).  I know folks have imported logs in the past.  Entheobotanica (Aust) sometimes have mopacho leaf and rapè but it doesn't seem to have anything atm.

I keep an eye out for the 50% off sales at Shamanic snuff (Peru).  They have great ambil but you need to be quick. 

Orisha Ossain (NL) has become a favourite, the quality is very good as the rapè is sieved extra fine, thier Kuripes and Tepis are without equal. 

Failing that drop me a Pm for some seed and big welcome to Aust btw.

Edited by Humboldt

On 26/12/2023 at 6:18 PM, Ishmael Fleishman said:

Growing tobacco and mapacho is highly illegal in Australia and is the same as growing cannabis.

However people do grow it. 

Importing tobacco is fine you will just have to pay a tax. 

See https://www.ato.gov.au/businesses-and-organisations/gst-excise-and-indirect-taxes/tobacco-and-excise/excise-duty-rates-for-tobacco 

Holy f@#k I thought NZ was draconian but you guys in Aus really do have it rough. Tobacco is considered a weed here in NZ, legal to grow, harvest and consume as much as one desires. But if one were to sell it one must pay tax. I always figured it was same in Aus, but Ishmael Fleishman's link proves otherwise.

@tryptamine

Australia has some of the most draconian drug law in the world - we are the envy of every totalitarian state in the world.

In NZ you can distill alcohol for near 30 odd years. In Australia you will do prison time.

We will be one of the last country's in the world to decriminalize recreational drugs.

All the medical cannabis and mdma laws are just a smoke screen designed to delay access and decriminalization in my view.

F#ck the human consumption of hemp seeds and oils was illegal less then 10 years ago - HEMP not cannabis the only country in the world.

The law is written that many plants are legal to grow but if you prune a single leaf you are treated as guilty of commercial manufacturing of a schedule 9 substance to serve 20 plus years hard prison time.

If the police and government were so inclined they could enter the property of any Australian growing native acaias, LW's, Brugmansias, trichos and dozens of other common garden plants and 100's of exotics, arrest them and charge them with commercial manufacturing of a schedule 5, 6, 7 8 and 9 substance.

For Gardening, For Gardening.

This idea was actually proposed by our last conservative Liberal government they were willing to smash down the doors of grandmothers, stomping those repugnant drug dealing grandmothers under boots. The only thing they could not stomach was not the blood but the financial cost of breaking down so many doors and having to rip out and destroy 1/8th of our natives under the policy. As soon as the Liberals get back in power I can assure you that will float the idea again in some form.

I have heard that technically avocados are illegal to posses under Australian analog drug law.

Australia is a deeply conservative culture. Drowning under law, bureaucracy and small mindedness. 

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

On 18/12/2023 at 12:53 PM, ayaibo said:

I found on internet some peruvian shop which can sell and send some mapacho around the world but I know Australia is really hard and strict concerning biosecurity, plants...

I would like to know , what is my best way to have some ? grow it myself here ? or do you think if I buy some in Peru, it will arrive here without any problem?

If the custom catches it, what could happen to me ?

I do not want any problem with the custom and the australian gov .

Nicotiana spp. are not included on the DAFF list of permitted seed imports. The seeds are so tiny, though, so I wonder how they would ever be detectable in small quantities. 

Worst case scenario (in my experience): you will receive either nothing, or an empty mailing box stripped of its contents, together with a rude letter explaining that the contents have been confiscated and "destroyed." Commercial quantities may attract stiffer penalties, I don't know. 

Those particular seeds are already available in Oz, in any case.