The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Wood Chuck

Tarantino

Personally, I think Rodriguez was the better filmmaker (funnier, more humane, less misogynistic).

How Tarantino evaded scrutiny in the wake of #metoo has left a lot of film critics puzzled. Tarantino knew about Weinstein's sexual predation and abuse long before the general public became aware. The machine-gun leg in Grindhouse: Planet Terror is Rodriguez and McGowan's feminist riposte to Harvey Weinstein. Tarantino seems to have had less of a problem with his employer's sexual misconduct, or with gratuitous cinematic representations of misogyny (consider the final scene of Hateful Eight). 

QT8, the recent documentary on Tarantino, struck me as a PR exercise by which to deliberately distance Tarantino from Weinstein (I can smell a new studio contract in the offing). Neither Robert Rodriguez nor Rose McGowan appeared in QT8 to lend Tarantino moral support. If QT is a director's director (the gist of the documentary) then Rodriguez's absence is all the more curious. 

• Like 2

It troubles me that the Weinstein`s were involved in many of his movies and wonder if the final scene in hateful eight was to appease them or himself. Would like to hear which side of the fence he stands on with A.I, as scripts and actors play a big part in his movies. One day a film will be made about it and it will be called Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, wait, that title has already been used.