The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

Is C-4 an hallucinogen?

Hey I just started my new job too weeks ago and I met some guy who said he chewed C-4 in the army. And that they trip off it. Is this true, and if so what compound are they tripping on, anyone got any info or is he speaking shit?

[ 05. November 2004, 11:13: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

Just to be clear here, we are talking C4 the plastic explosive right? You're talking about lighting plastic explosive to get high right.....?

-Chemical Shaman

Oh dear... I'm sorry... that's really fucken funny... :D You guys just made my evening, thanks!

Mightn't be as far fetched as it sounds.

C4 is relatively inert and requires far more than a low temp heat source to 'set it off'. And quite likely that some chems would be liberated via smoking, and produce a 'buzz'.

More than likely that the buzz would be due to toxicity than anything else though.

ed

that is some pretty funny shit.

surely if you inhaled any burning pastic the fumes would mess with your head.

probably cause of the damage its doing not because its hitting receptors. then again thats how alcohol works.

Sorry I just found out that they chow it.

And yes I mean the explosives

I an being very serious too guys, this is not a joke

[ 05. November 2004, 09:54: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

No you are right.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...-nitramines.htm

Excerpt:

Troops have also become intoxicated during field operations from exposure to composition C4 plastic explosive, which contains 91% RDX. These field exposures occurred because C4 was either chewed as an intoxicant or used as a fuel for cooking. Thus, the route of exposure was ingestion or inhalation. At least 40 American soldiers experienced convulsions due to RDX ingestion during the Vietnam War.

After acute exposure by inhalation or ingestion, there is a latent period of a few hours, followed by a general sequence of intoxication that begins with a prodromal period of irritability. Neurological symptoms predominate and include restlessness and hyperirritability; headache; weakness; dizziness; hyperactive reflexes; nausea and vomiting; prolonged and recurrent generalized convulsions; muscle twitching and soreness; and stupor, delirium, and disorientation.

Clinical findings in acute exposures may also include fever, tachycardia, hematuria, proteinuria, azotemia, mild anemia, neutrophilic leukocytosis, elevated AST, and electroencephalogram (EEG) abnormalities. These abnormal effects, transient and unreliable for diagnosis purposes, last at most a few days. In fact, all physical and laboratory tests may remain normal, even in the presence of seizures. EEGs made at the time of convulsions may show bilateral synchronous spike and wave complexes (2-3/sec) in the frontal areas with diffuse slow wave activity; normalization occurs within 1 to 3 months.

[ 05. November 2004, 11:03: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

that dose not sound very fun :mad:

count me out :confused:

off topic man but i just wanted to apologise for the whole shamozzle that was my birthday party. I basically have no recollection of what happened after my party got shut down till about 8:30am (completely serious).

So whether or not we kicked on afterwards or something I really don't know. I tried calling Adrian the next day but no answer.

So sorry to both of you, i was a big fucken mess.

I appreciate the effort you guys made to come down.

all good man :)

I believe I tried to say happy birthday and you looked strait throw me. Hahahaha, I did not take it personally.

We stayed about 2 hours and was narrowly missed by a flying table and the man that went with it. We still had fun, in a funny way, and it was really funny when you tried to bribe us to stay.

:D

strangebrew:

general sequence of intoxication that begins with a prodromal period of irritability. Neurological symptoms predominate and include restlessness and hyperirritability; headache; weakness; dizziness; hyperactive reflexes; nausea and vomiting; prolonged and recurrent generalized convulsions; muscle twitching and soreness; and stupor, delirium, and disorientation.

Sounds almost like alcohol, count me out