The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
oriky

Kohres Pachanoi seeds - they are real pachanoi?

hey, im new here :)

I just germinate some t. pachanoi seeds from kohres (the rate of germination was very low).

i just want know if the seeds from this vendor also knowen as PC pachanoi or just a real one?

i will upload some picture in the future.

Don't get your hopes up, this vendor isn't known for his naming accuracy. Two different batches of Koehres pachanoi I've sown have both turned out to be cuzcoensis, pretty plants so I don't mind, but still is disappointing not getting what you bought. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

Hey Berengar, do you have pics? Would love to see them...maybe we can find out the KK number.

• Like 1

This is an old picture, from May. I'll take some new ones this week.

post-13452-0-89845200-1443425776_thumb.j

post-13452-0-89845200-1443425776_thumb.jpg

post-13452-0-89845200-1443425776_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

hey

Berengar

Thank you very much :) now i will start looking again for non PC :)

Philocacti i look on your thread :/ this is not a good news but is better i will know what excepet now.

Thank you very much :)

i learned not buy seed again from them again :/

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I hate to say it again but is not just about Köhres. It affects 50-70% of the seed market and I do not mean just cacti. There are many mislabeled types of seeds that are sold to shop owners and wholesalers and there is NO way to know for sure what it will grow into. I just got a whole crate with seedlings raised from seeds that originally came from CITES VERIFIED nurseries...and almost all were something entirely different.

And let´s take a look at the Pachanoi seed for example. I´m sure that they are KK seeds and they were probably offered as Pachanoi. And for people like Köhres (who are very experienced with Lophs but not Trichocereus) they just have no way to know stuff like this until they see them as adult plants. That does not mean that they shouldnt have taken counter measures to avoid stuff like this or that they arent responsible for their stock but I am sure that very vew people ever told them about this problem. So if sth like this happens, you should make a complaint and I am sure you´ll get a refund.
The problem is that many suppliers in countries where these seeds come from do not have the knowledge to differentiate between Pachanoi and Peruvianusas an example and if you are not into hybrid growing, the only alternative to buying seeds from Peru would be to NOT BUY ANY at all. And that is hardly an option either. So yeah, I agree that it´s frustrating that stuff like this happens but this is not a Köhres-only problem. There are very little reliable seed sources for some types of seed and most of those mislabelings are not because of ill intetions but botanical ignorance.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 4

Excellent point EG ^^^^

Hi Guys, I hate to say it again but is not just about Köhres. It affects 50-70% of the seed market and I do not mean just cacti. There are many mislabeled types of seeds that are sold to shop owners and wholesalers and there is NO way to know for sure what it will grow into. I just got a whole crate with seedlings raised from seeds that originally came from CITES VERIFIED nurseries...and almost all were something entirely different.

And let´s take a look at the Pachanoi seed for example. I´m sure that they are KK seeds and they were probably offered as Pachanoi. And for people like Köhres (who are very experienced with Lophs but not Trichocereus) they just have no way to know stuff like this until they see them as adult plants. That does not mean that they shouldnt have taken counter measures to avoid stuff like this or that they arent responsible for their stock but I am sure that very vew people ever told them about this problem. So if sth like this happens, you should make a complaint and I am sure you´ll get a refund.

The problem is that many suppliers in countries where these seeds come from do not have the knowledge to differentiate between Pachanoi and Peruvianusas an example and if you are not into hybrid growing, the only alternative to buying seeds from Peru would be to NOT BUY ANY at all. And that is hardly an option either. So yeah, I agree that it´s frustrating that stuff like this happens but this is not a Köhres-only problem. There are very little reliable seed sources for some types of seed and most of those mislabelings are not because of ill intetions but botanical ignorance.

O.k evil, i get the point and understand it, i never think about it.

Which place you can recommend to but seeds of "real" and VERIFIED seeds?

Some vendors with smaller seed selection can afford to keep better track of their sources, for example by providing a collection number, location data, and if possible, photographs of the mother plant. Succseed is one of those, but there are almost certainly others.

Koehres has a huge sellection, so there's always a chance some of the seeds will be mislabeled and/or very old with poor germination rates.

If you're interested in Trichocereus, here's probably the best place to find what you're looking for, many people sell hybrids with both parents being known, and usually named clones.

thank you, i know here is very good source, the problem is most of the people here are sell hybirds. im looking for pure breed of plants, like psycho0, and all the name the AUS use, i wish also get a cuttings, but most of the people dosnt want send worldwide....

i know is not a the plant exchange forums, but if anyone here want to be nice/trade worldwide, pure breed seeds (better is cuttings), let me know guys :)

Well, you could argue that a 'hybrid' between two named peruvianus, pachanoi, bridgesii, etc. clones is potentially more 'purebreed' than seed collected in Peru from plants open pollinated by bats. This way you know exactly what both parents looked like, they aren't necessarily hybrids between different species.. I agree that growing wild collected seed is very fun, but if you want some specific traits, then 'hybrids' or clone cuttings are the way to go.

Also, this way you can be certain the seeds are fresh and viable.

Edited by Berengar
  • Like 2

i wish also get a cuttings, but most of the people dosnt want send worldwide....

i know is not a the plant exchange forums, but if anyone here want to be nice/trade worldwide, pure breed seeds (better is cuttings), let me know guys :)

Prohibited

• The Ministry of Agriculture in Israel states that “Importing plants and plant products into Israel, either commercially or in passengers’ ‎personal baggage, is subject to permission by the Plant Protection and Inspection Services (PPIS) of the Ministry of Agriculture”. ‎‎Additionally,” Permits are required for importing fresh produce, plants, plant products, seed, ‎ propagation material, and biotic material.”

https://israel.visahq.com/customs/

• Like 1

unfortunatelly K has provided mixed seed for pachs and peruvs for over 5 years now.

Edited by Ogun

but is legal to import cacti seeds to israel...

can you please clarify? are all cactus seeds permissible?

for instance is it legal to import lophophora williamsii seeds?

Its my understanding some countries even restrict some species of Trichocereus seeds, so knowing beforehand could assist you in your endeavors with seed vendors........

can you please clarify? are all cactus seeds permissible?

for instance is it legal to import lophophora williamsii seeds?

Its my understanding some countries even restrict some species of Trichocereus seeds, so knowing beforehand could assist you in your endeavors with seed vendors........

i cant find this information on english, but you can try go to israel agriculture ministry site, and looking there for import/exprot rules you can use google translate or something...

is illegal to import other seeds, or live plant (even cacti), but cacti seeds is o.k

lophophora is legal cactus in israel, nursery sell it like you sell trichocereus (just more expensive).

here, i just make you life easy. here "FAQ" of israel agrigulture ministry

http://www.ppis.moag.gov.il/PPIS/Sherutim/shal_mumhe/yevu_zmahim/default.htm

trasnlate it to english, then search for:

"I would like to import to Israel from "

is legal to import cacti seeds all over the world, and live cacti only from netherland..

:)