The Corroboree
incognito

Acacia, chilli and awesome veg seed wanted

Phleb, obtus, accuminata, confusa, courtii and any other EXCiTiNG acacia seed. Happy to trade plants or cash :) these are to be planted out and seed put back into our community.

Any chilli seed that will have a hope in hell growing in a temperate climate. I like it HOT!

Also seeking any interesting and DELIcIOUS veggie seed or seeds for anything at all yummy to eats?

Edited by incognito

Cannot believe obtus seed are selling for 10buks for 5 seeds on eBay!! Wtf is with that? Are obtus all of a sudden endangered??

Hey man

A few years back Obtusifolia seeds were quite cheap. I got mine from http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/index.htm , looks like they are out of stock now. And rare to find.. But it's a great vendor for Acacias.

Got some Acuminata seeds left. Also picked some home grown chili and red pepper seeds yesterday. I love trading. Too bad Oz customs are harsh, I heard nothing gets through from overseas.

Anyways, good luck!

Cannot believe obtus seed are selling for 10buks for 5 seeds on eBay!! Wtf is with that? Are obtus all of a sudden endangered??

Prob unviable ;-)

$10 for 5 is extreme, but what do you think is fair?? I'd like to see 100 for $10 ;-)

I would pay 10 buks for 100 easily, it would still hurt paying ten buks for fifty! 2 buks an obtus seed should be a punishable capital offence

Sounds like holograph can sort me out for acacia but the more the merrier im planning a mass planting this summer.

Acacias LOVE my granite mountain!!

I would pay 10 buks for 100 easily, it would still hurt paying ten buks for fifty! 2 buks an obtus seed should be a punishable capital offence

I agree, once one realises how many seeds these plants produce its hard to justify market prices....

Sab are 4$ for 5 and Herbalistics are 4.50$ for 8 seeds... (i think). I guess businesses price according to consumers

Well I know what I'm doin obtus seeding season ;) good luck to them I guess :)

Ps i shouldn't knock the price it's supply vs demand I guess. Anyways once they seed on my hill I'll dump the seed back into the community for nada.

Edited by incognito

I'll get you some seeds from my local magic trees, special maidens and toosies.

• Like 3

I would love a "special" maidenii!

All I've read is they can be bunk! Still I would love some they are such a beautiful tree

Hey Incog, I might have some interesting surplus veggie seeds in spring - and if you like it hot I might be able to send some Carolina Reapers your way.

Will PM you when I've got my shit together :)

Ime the real hot ones seem to only grow in hot climates?

I've read the ghosts and reapers can take time to germinate, and take longer to mature (both things we are used to with other plants) - but this was people trying to grow them in the US, so I don't know how much that applies here. At most they might need some time in a greenhouse at either end of the season (I think).

Still chasing acacia seed, springs almost upon us!

Maidenii in particular

• Like 1

Thankyou gents :)

Have seen some HUGE maidenii' of late. They are quite a long lived acacia?

Thanks man! I think my acacia seed stores are pretty much complete

'deminimus' offa ebay can sometimes have really good deals on bulk seed.

The ultimate acacia seed and plant seller atm on there imo is 'acacianursery'

theres not much left now as i have bought it all up, though keep an eye on this guy.

Dood had some real nice confusa, SAB shop had some cheap ones going too, Herbalistics etc.....

and Doublebenno does good deals for plants if he's got them.

Edited by olive
  • Like 1

Thanks for that :)