The Corroboree
pinegapcontrol

How are your wounds...

Dude, that's cranking... does it come with a cool story?

not really, just weeding bridgesii pots and other spiny guys, it swelled up over a week or so then boom it exploded. I had to cut it up to get all the puss out, when i got to the doc she cut it even more.

• Like 1

dude thats an epic wound glad i've avoided the bloodshed thus far

• Like 1

Ahh stuff that! im always pricking myself, i have the tip of a spine stuck in my thumb from 3weeks back am glad it hasnt reacted like that :)

might of got some soil in with the spine....although I've noticed some cacti spines are more prone to swelling that others, I haven't had any issues with the trichs...but 1 particular nasty opuntia always causes a little swelling ...no idea why.

yeah something funky got in there, i spike myself very regularly and it doesnt end up like those pics, doc reckoned maybe a bird left something on the spine but it could've been anything.

I get arthritis like symptoms from heavy trich wounds. only get minor swelling around the wound if a piece breaks off in there and has to work its way back out, thus generating puss and a bubble, so not really swelling i guess.

I remember back in the day i found a huge Cereus peruvianus and bought it and cut it down thinking it was the holy grail of Peruvianus.

driving back my hands were flat on top of the steering wheel because i couldnt close my hands.

Not gonna click "like",,, cos that's effin gross man! I'll be even more careful now

the mouth is very sensitive...I find if you stick your finger etc in your mouth, your tongue can usually sense the smallest of spines...& then the teeth can easily grasp them (not much use if your hands are covered in soil...)

• Like 2

No pic but years ago a spine went right through my fingernail into my finger. I had to cut off a lot of my nail to remove it. It was mild torture.

right on dreamwalker, ive used my tongue and teeth on many occasion, then either spat it out or from tongue onto the finger and blown away

Edited by micoz
  • Like 1

Almost lost a thumb because of this crazy cuzcoensis I was moving around. But didnt get a pic. It was so bad didnt want to take one. And trout can tell a pretty bad and cringeworthy story of a KK337 Tulhuayacensis. Maybe he stops by to tell it. I guess he had to have an expensive thumb surgery.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Almost lost a thumb because of this crazy cuzcoensis I was moving around. But didnt get a pic. It was so bad didnt want too take one. And trout can tell a pretty bad and cringeworthy story of a KK337 Tulhuayacensis. Maybe he stops by to tell it. I guess he had to have an experience thumb surgery.

Moving around tall, long-spined plants is very dangerous... not just for your skin but also for your eyes. It's easy to loose grip of the plant and you could possibly lose an eye! For that reason it's a really good idea to wear DIY goggles for moving them around.

• Like 1

.. removing all the spines from a long-spined cactus beforehand does good ..

.. feels good as well..

post-9197-0-49422000-1423468473_thumb.jp

Spines tend to arrow though ..so aim well.. B)

post-9197-0-49422000-1423468473_thumb.jpg

post-9197-0-49422000-1423468473_thumb.jpg

Edited by mysubtleascention

Hah, I thought this was going to be a thread for wounded-cacti pictures. This is what happens when you forget that you're not supposed to put white oil on cactus:

post-313-0-56368300-1423492325_thumb.jpg