The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
perelandra

trichocereus scopulicola - should I have purchased it?

Personally, I would have purchased it, cut it in half and then plant them both out.

• Like 1

Hi, yeah, I think I should have to. Unfortunately, my wife is not really cool with my plans (doesn't really understand why I want a cactus).

Ahhh there is that problem I don't have... a wife/partner of any kind lol :P

Good luck with it

Hi, yeah, I think I should have to. Unfortunately, my wife is not really cool with my plans (doesn't really understand why I want a cactus).

I am sure you do a lot of things for her that are not cool with your plans. Tell her you're buying a cactus not a puppy, chances are she won't even notice it.

Hi Marshusensai. Glad you are interested in growing Cacti. Sometimes, people are scared of what they don´t really know about so talk about it with your Wife and explain her. And while you are at it, it might be a good Idea to remind her that life can be very short and that in a Relationship, it´s important that we tolerate each other and our likes. None of my girlfriends ever liked Cacti, but they all had to put up with it because that´s what i am. Not a cactus, but I grow them in very low Numbers. Like Thousands. ;) As long as your hobby isn´t something like meth Cooking, you should not have to justify yourself because that shouldn´t be a concern for her. I am sure there are many Hobbies that your gf has that are not so interesting for you either. Live and let live. Long Story Short, get that Cactus and have Fun. And if all else fails, just tell her it´s a green Battle-Axe against Burglars.

• Like 3

I would have bought it. Scops are really nice because they are usually spineless. Whereas a bridgesii has massive spines that will really fuck you up if you bump into it. Then your wife would be really mad.

• Like 2

My wife thinks my plant collections are cool, a little obsesive perhaps but cool :)

• Like 3

I find it sad....when couples interact like that...its like that future dread...of a silver haired couple joined at the hips...they are so boring ...lifeless an unimaginative..they even look & dress alike...finish each others sentences...scary shit...the world has changed a lot in the last century...we live longer...can chose to have or have not kids....be free ..explore life...its an adventure...& when its gone its gone...so don't miss a moment of it..........................as for the cacti purchase...its depends on your income...scopulicola may not be too common in your area...don't know...........but follow the 'cacti for sale' section on your local online auction...your sure to pick up some real bargains now & then from your neighbours..........& maybe for a similar price you could pick up a shoe box size propagator from bunnings or the like & grow some really interesting cacti.......there are 10"s of 1000's to chose from ... & always lots of seed available here from other members...........park it on the kitchen bench.....mark your territory.....something to play with when she's watching some brain dead soap opera.........

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 2