The Corroboree
perelandra

Hi, I'm new.

Welcome :)

Cacti - all trichocereus/echinopsis are easy and grow fast.

Interesting herbs or small plants - toothache plant, sorrel, laksa leaf, melissa/lemon balm.

I guess your climate would be similar to mine, so grab the usual staples of the scene - khat, caapi, psychotria, heimia, ephedra, acacias. All should grow well for you, locals can provide more specific advice.

All of those are really easy, if you can grow them in the ground they will take care of themselves. It's when people grow them in pots, move them around all the times, in and out of mini greenhouses, mist them three times a day etc, that you start to have problems.

Plant them in the ground, if they die then grow something else.

Edited by Alice
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard marshusensei :)

hi ya.....your garden sounds like an ideal environment for cacti growing.. :)

Does your ethno's interest include growing stuff to eat (nutrient wise, I mean...fruits etc)?

You may find your gf might be more supportive of Epiphyllum Hybrids........they drool over flowers like these........& epi's like san p don't bite.......

http://www.mattslandscape.com/name_search/

Dragon fruit & columnar cereus have exceptional fruit..........Trichs are good with some honey.........

Edited by Dreamwalker.

hi ya.....your garden sounds like an ideal environment for cacti growing.. :)

Does your ethno's interest include growing stuff to eat (nutrient wise, I mean...fruits etc)?

You may find your gf might be more supportive of Epiphyllum Hybrids........they drool over flowers like these........& epi's like san p don't bite.......

http://www.mattslandscape.com/name_search/

Dragon fruit & columnar cereus have exceptional fruit..........Trichs are good with some honey.........

Hey, thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Edited by perelandra
  • Like 1