The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
manic

Homegrown Bio-Fuel

Hey yall,

So I have quite a big block in which is waiting for something to be done....

Currently I have a big veggie garden and amongst it is several thousand corn plants which are just starting to flower.

I was thinking of making corn flour and possibly even some corn whiskey. When I was thinking about the whiskey it got me thinking about bio-fuels in that a 100% alcohol corn whiskey could probably power my car. I think?

Now my question is does anybody here no much about these things? Or even better is anyone currently doing this?

I imagine I would need an awfull lot of corn in order to make such a pure whiskey but I have acres upon acres in which like I said are just waiting for me to do something. Plenty of fresh spring water too :)

I abolutely love the idea of not having to fill up at the bowser again. Does anybody think this is potentially a feasable idea?

Cheers.

Id make drinking alcohol and sell to mates then use that cash to buy fuel, more economical- just my thoughts though, do what you want to do :)

Making biodiesel from scrap oil or diesel from pyrolysis of plastic is likewise worthwhile- they are waste streams which you can convert to a useful product.

• Like 1