The Corroboree
mutant

How do you harvest .divide seeds from flesh in Tricho fruits?

there's lots of flesh and lots of seeds in these trichocerei fruits... !! (my first ones)

how do you usually divide the flesh from seed?

do you do it in water? its been a long time since I took that seed from Cereus fruit, I dot even remember how I did it, I probably took some..and I know I sure ate some (fruit)

in case you are wondering, the mothers are SAB sourced ALF and OMAR which resemble the PC pachanoi a lot. father was a Yowie flower which I took from the GH

so its something like PCxYowie (ALFxYowie m OMARxYowie) or even some alfXomar cross, even though we have no bats to pollinate here)

Will probably make a give out when I am done.

cheers and thanks for answers...

I mash gently and then put into water. The seeds settle and the pulp settles more slowly. I agitate the water and as soon as seeds settle i gently pour off the liquid and pulp and repeat a few times. Then i strain the seeds out and spread them on a towel to quickly dry them.

It is particularly easy and quick.

• Like 2

Thanks 4 fast reply dude

cereus taste great but trich's a bit bland..

my method is similar to G. mash the fruit up between my fingers......soak in luke warm water with a little dish washing liquid...mix about now & then over a few hours....then strain & rinse under the tap through a fine sieve ....I don't put them on paper towels...as it can all stick like glue...I spread them around a large plate...& put it aside for a week in some safe out of way mice & sun free place...then I gently scrap them off the plate with the finger nail...can stick to plate like glue, so it pays to move them about once a day, to keep them free.

either that or eat the fruit a spit the seeds out........

did your selenicereus fruit ever mature?

Edited by Dreamwalker.

some fruits have more pulp than seeds and some fruits have more seeds than pulp

the lesser the amount of pulp, the easier it becomes to water separate

hot water dissolves pulp easier than cold water does

if you allow the fruit to ferment, the pulp is 80-90% dissolved and then the fruit water separates very easily

what do they taste like?

it all depends on how much you let the fruit ferment :P

i dry mine on paper towels placed in full sun

• Like 1

Zelly, you should make some tricho wine.

nice pictorial dox

I fucked up a bit, so I will try to separete them when the fermented fruit dries a bit....

dreamwalker>>>

no the selinicereus fruit are still green and havent split...

no the selinicereus fruit are still green and havent split...

you dont want to wait until the sele fruit splits to harvest, you'll want to pick it a week or two after it turns red....waiting much longer & you run the risk of it going bad

all them fruits are still green though, and they have been such more some time now (at least a month? maybe more) ..

should I try and cut one green one of the smallest?

think of it like a common tomato...when it turns red its ripe, as long as its green, its not so ripe.

• Like 2