The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Hallucinations

What is it really that the 'powers that be' have against people hallucinating??

It happens everytime I dream,everytime I get really fatigued,drink too much 'legal' liqour,have a bad reaction to OTC drugs,I see it everytime I walk past the 'children of the cathode ray nipple',or see people killing each other in a newspaper!

LET US IN!!!

I want to see faeries,butterflys,fractal images,the beauty in a water droplett :confused:

I don't know what brought that on.......maybe I'm under the influence of legal DRUGS,and maybe , I've been drinking since breakfast(is there a law against this )

I too do not understand the rationale behind the prohibition of anything that causes people to trip or hallucinate in some way, when there are legal things such as alcohol which affects people just as powerfully and are perfectly socially acceptable.

Yep- hallucinating is illegal...

You're not allowed to enter different planes of conciousness, unless you go downwards: alcohol and prescription drugs...

anything that expands conciousness could lead people to see through the machinations of the government and is a threat to them...

just my 2c

[ 17. August 2003, 09:56: Message edited by: gomaos ]

agree w/gomaos

to roughly quote something i heard & agree with--

LSD is a key to a door that "they" are frightened to go through, but they don't want us to go through it either, because we might learn something--& that would make us more powerful than them.

We are all spoon fed the same bullshit all through our childhood at school so that we all grow up to become upstanding respectable citizens. Its like the movie "the wall" by pink floyd where there is all of those uniformed kids marching in step through that machine and coming out the other end with the same blank faces. Products of a world obsessed with control and authority.

The main ingredient of this bullshit is that we should not think for ourselves and if we do then we are a threat to their system, we get right into peoples cozy little cocooned worlds and they do not like it.

I know heaps of people who have smoked pot and even people who have tried acid and still havn't opened the door. To quote the matrix:

I can only show you the door, your the one who has to walk through it.

It must scare some people shitless what is on the other side of the door.

I'm in my final year of high school and for the first time in my life I heard a teacher tell us students to question everything that happens in life, always ask why. So maybe their is still hope left in the world.

just as an aside, i once heard that your first LSD trip raises your IQ an average ov 5 points---that's a lot--never seen any facts to back that up.

would people agree that, in some way, you are never the same person after your first lsd/shroom trip?

"would people agree that, in some way, you are never the same person after your first lsd/shroom trip?"

Yeah, thats what visionary sacraments are for. But its not nessicarially the first trip that has the biggest impact- for me it was somewhere around #48.

quote:

Originally posted by nabraxas:

[QB LSD is a key to a door that "they" are frightened to go through[/QB]

I'm not 100% on that one, I think what they're frightened of is a loss of social control, rather than the specific actions of any particular drug. Given the weird political stichs around the development of MDMA ( developed as a "truth serum"- but if anyone here can clarify or confirm that I'd be happy to see the refs ), the unauthorised use of LSD via spooky programs like MKULTRA and the supply of some decidedly experimental substances to soldiers in Vietnam ( confirmed by anecdotes from someone reliable I know who was there ), and speed to US pilots I'd say if hallucinogenic or other drugs were available that could guarantee an increase in social control- directly or indirectly- they'd be well in use

Admittedly there are definite physical and social risks associated with drug taking. Nothing that can't be dealt with in the same way that such problems are dealt with re alcohol use. But once someone starts using the extra time and image associations allowed for by various mind altering substances favoured by oppressed connaiseurs worldwide, the possibilities for thinking about things differently and the potential for acting in such a way as to realise different visions- well we can't have THAT now can we?

The People that follow the downwards path, have the intention to drag everyone else down with them because they dont want to understand, because of fear or pride that they can take control of a part of the earth or the whole earth.

You have to try and work around it, silence and quiet around them type of people is the only type of defence you have, I reckon it will extremely worse in the future, you want be able to do didly squat.

daevorn

I think its just a matter of those who want to engage drugs and altered states of consciousness and those who dont.

Each society determines whats drugs it condones and opposes all others, like a taboo. Theres no rationality to it - sure alcohol is more toxic but its so incorporated as to the point peoiple have to be reminded of the language they use - that its not 'Drugs and alcohol' - alcohol IS a Drug

In turn each society is shaped by the drug.

I firmly believe that the western European derived cultures owe their awful barbarosity even at the height of civilisation to a long involvement with alcohol and more specifically drunkedness.

(I also really think that the 'strangeness' of Islamic culture and persistent ethnic division between communities coexisting is largely in part becuase we have such different food and drug rituals - the jesus/mohammed issue is i think very minor in comparison.)

When people drink to excess they become louder and more aggressive, less mindful of manners and more inclined to do whatever they like despite being quite offensve to sober society.

And in the morning they brush the night before away as a joke justified by - yeah i was drunk.

This way the person can claim a high level of civility in working hours and turn back to a barbarian on the weekend. Getting so used to lying to yourself that its the alcohol that does it.

English Soccer hooligans, Aussies at the cricket or footy, Americans at grid-iron or baseball has definite analogies to the same countries at war or in the act of colonising

The national psyche can balance itself off hypocritically and be happy. Yes we are civilised and oh how awful those savages are - (who are unashamed of their barbarity) and yet live in total denial of our often intitutionalised atrocities.

The Conquests, the massacres and the genocides are tucked behind like a bad hangover and the stoty rewritten to justify the means - or just forgotten

Anglo civilisation isnt the only one to do this.

Any culture that attached bravado or machismo to how much alcohol you can consume fits into the same picture.

Why i think hallucinogens are so opposed is because they break this continuum - by changing the drugs used by a society you change the whole society. And our society has already changed

The VB man, a bottle of aussie red or the jack daniels T shirt are more than just adds - they are archetypes icons of a society. Think of the imagery each one stirs

Then think about the new alternatives. From no drugs at all to fully fledged psychedelics and empathogens

And a lot seem to be antagonistic to the alcohol culture effectively breaking the whole tradition for a critical mass of the next generation. most people taking them are young and will likely fold under pressure abd return to the socially condoned ways of thinking but enough might actually get through and change the very structure of our future political and social structure simply beacuse they think so differently.

A lot of people using hallucinogens are so young and impressionable and not quite on their feet but when they do get there they are a major threat to the status quo, especially as so many are quite bright.

why hallucinogens are so persecuted then is beacuse after slipping past discouragemnet under the guise of 'drug education' you make it to a period of chastismnet and minor punishments. Slipping past that they try to woo you back with acceptance and marketing - all those bright fizzy godawful drinks they market to the young and the incorporation of work or social climbing with 'a few drinks' (Id much rather say 'hey boss want to try this hot new acid ive found )

and if you pesrist they arrest you effectively striking you off as a candidate for political and finanacial power when you mature

Its a standard safety net for the 'normal' society to resist competition.

So i think the government is actually representing society for once in persecuting these drugs and us - but its a scared society - one who isnt allowed to understand the benefits and shown only often untrue horrors and which isnt really happ with the staus quo anyway...

[ 19. August 2003, 03:22: Message edited by: reville ]

I firmly believe that the western European derived cultures owe their awful barbarosity even at the height of civilisation to a long involvement with alcohol and more specifically drunkedness.

When people drink to excess they become louder and more aggressive, less mindful of manners and more inclined to do whatever they like despite being quite offensve to sober society.

And in the morning they brush the night before away as a joke justified by - yeah i was drunk.

This way the person can claim a high level of civility in working hours and turn back to a barbarian on the weekend. Getting so used to lying to yourself that its the alcohol that does it.

Couldn't agree more. The whole western society is based on this behaviour and it stinks.

What stinks most is that they persecute others (us) for not wanting to be like that....

Anyone whose ever been to a magistrages court will know consumption of alcohol is a mitagating circumstance. Doesn't matter what the defendant is charged with, the solicitor will always bring it to the attention of the judge that his client only behaved the way he did due to the influence of alcohol. It seems strange the laws that govern this country reduce the penalty imposed for an offence, simply because the defendant is a piss head.

Obviously the courts take into account the defendants "altered consciousness" while commiting the offence, the rational being, the person is normally of good character. I can't not see the comparisons between alcohol and the hallucinogens, and find it interesting that it is accepted in law that alcohol is a mind altering substance, and we even make allowances in our legal system for it's negative side effects, yet there is no room at all to tolerate the more beneign hallucinogens (pot,mushies,lsd,etc) that even if legal surely wouldn't create the social problems of alcohol and definatly not same level of physical damage.