The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
myco

crests and flowering

so from what I know crests dont flower terribly easily

my super x j3 crest has alot of reverted sections including a decent sized grafted one I have

so I'm assuming the fact that some have reverted to columnar growth they would be more likely to flower

I also assume that due to their genetics any seed produced from them would have a high chance of producing freak seed

basically what I'm asking is am I right in my assumptions ?

should I be trying to grow these columnar sections out to produce flowers ?

would the fact that they are growing columnar even make them more likely to flower ?

appreciate any help as always :)

this is the plant in question

grafted columnar section

DSC_6205cropped_zpsc6197fee.jpg

grafted crested section

DSC_6206_zps878d6987.jpg

and this is the mother plant at the front and also another grafted crested section at the back

the mother has only retained one piece with strong cresting the rest is reverting i'll be chopping off all of the reverted pieces from it

DSC_6207_zps77240e31.jpg

• Like 1

so from what I know crests dont flower terribly easily

my super x j3 crest has alot of reverted sections including a decent sized grafted one I have

so I'm assuming the fact that some have reverted to columnar growth they would be more likely to flower

I also assume that due to their genetics any seed produced from them would have a high chance of producing freak seed

basically what I'm asking is am I right in my assumptions ?

should I be trying to grow these columnar sections out to produce flowers ?

would the fact that they are growing columnar even make them more likely to flower ?

appreciate any help as always :)

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33453

• Like 1

cheers zelly

dumbass me I havent even looked at that thread :BANGHEAD2:

I think it would depend upon whether the cresting is the result of genetics or some sort of damage. I your case I assume that your crest came from a crested seedling ie a genetic crest since it is a hybrid. So, yes I think seed produced from your crest (including reverted branches) would likely produce seed with a high rate of crests and mutants.

I think it would depend upon whether the cresting is the result of genetics or some sort of damage. I your case I assume that your crest came from a crested seedling ie a genetic crest since it is a hybrid. So, yes I think seed produced from your crest (including reverted branches) would likely produce seed with a high rate of crests and mutants.

Looking at the TPQC crosses from nitrogen's hybrids it makes me think that even when a crest comes from damage it's still in the genes just buried and waiting for something to happen environmentally to trigger it. Because the TPQC x TPM seedlings sure do crest a lot and the mother crested as a result of snail damage.

• Like 1