The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
save_the_whales

CLAUDE

hello all, i am confused. I can't suss out whether Claude's (you know who!) last name is de Contrecouer OR Rifat. The webpage has de Contrecouer and a lot of writings have Rifat or just plain old Claude...

anyone got any ideas?

thanks,

whale-breath

*uses a whales rib to pick out the remainder of teh dolphin fin soup i just ate*

I too find this most confusing...whast going on, maybe he was paranoid that the feds were after his brain so they copudl steal his thoughts and use them for evil, EEEVVVIIILLL. so he created a second persona, Rifat, mr.rifat.

Yeah the thing with koalas is...you have to smoke them otherwise all the good stuff gets destroyed in the stomach...or you could try eating them after having taken a Maoi....

but seriously.. anyone ever eatne roadkill?

A friend in WA ate bungarra (type of goanna) and pronnounced it delicious

yep, tried snake. wasn't impressed. roo is the stuff - organic and free range and the good news is there's plenty of 'em.

i woulda thought that roo was tough and stringy 'cos they're in such good shape..

anyway... anyone know about the calude thing? i would really like to site him in some things that i write.. at least be able to make a poster or shirt of him :)

Claude de Contrecoeur is his nic/pen-name/handle. His real name is Claude Rifat. He is better known on the web as Claude de Contrecoeur though.

thanks torsten. thats interesting, because the alta-vista translation of de contrecouer means 'of Back-plate'. sorry if i am offending anyone with my pokings-around, i am just trying to find out about claude, he has my deepest respects.

Heartattack. Way too young for it really, but he had been very stressed and at times depressed over the last few years.

His wife did not approve of this community, so getting first hand info is a little difficult.

Thanks. A few years back we had been corresponding by emails. I didn't know he died until seeing it on this site. My wife is much like his, she doesn't approve of my interest in Salvia Divinorum. It was Claude who introduced me to Salvia Divinorum through something he had posted on the net.

[ 20. June 2003, 14:55: Message edited by: Salvinorin ]

Claude introduced a lot of people to a lot of things. And each one was special to him. He really opened people's minds and hearts.

Hmmm... Claude Rifat...

is the Kratom "rifat" Clone named after him?

theo - no idea. but if it is then what would contre mean in context?

gom - close! Claude went to Thailand to get the plantmaterial for SAB, some of which became the Rifat clone. However, being the modest person he is, when I insisted naming it after him he requested that i dedicate it to his late brother. Hence the full name is actually the "Robert Rifat Clone".