The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

hallucinogenic GABA agonists

is anyone aware, even remotely, of a GABA hallucinogen? When I was younger, i was under the illusory falsehood that amanita were, but i later found myself to be wrong.

I should introduce this topic in 2 ways:

1)An interest in (that rare class of)aseretoniergic hallucinogens

2)An observation that some ( ) GABA agonists cause hallucinations, or at least "visual psychaedelia" (such a fine distinction!)

Going deep in the Chill space Thelema?! :)

I believe ethnobotany is better suited...... uuhhhh yeah, I'm not the mod.... soooorrrry :D

Chill is for talking about whatever you like :) Go for it Thel, and not all the compounds you mention may be biological in origin anyhow

My llama gets very interesting CEV's on 1,4B after a heavy night... kinda fluro swirly, relaxing trails, often biological in form to start with. Can't remember if 1,4 is a GABA agonist or not today tho

People on poppies.org have reported strange effects with the benzodiazepine agonist zolpidem(Stilnox, Ambien), if you can stay awake to experience them.(benzo agonists bind to the GABA receptor complex and increase the affinity of the receptor for GABA).

I imagine that 14B is GABAergic. I believe it is converted to GHB, which is GABA with the amino group replaced with a hydroxyl.

H2N//COOH HO//COOH

[ 08. May 2003, 11:40: Message edited by: Tryptameanie ]

yes zolpidiem can cause a lot of visuals over 20-30mg more and you trip harder

so what should happen if you take GABA directly? i got some pills a while back, took 5g at once but all i got was stomach pains and light-headedness.

zolpidiem is definitely wacky. it's been a while since i tried it but i remember talking to my reflection in the mirror, thinking it was someone else...