The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hostilis

So... *faceplant* I screwed up.

Okay, I saw some fungus gnats in one of my seedling pots. TPQC x TMP seedlings. Well I looked over and saw a gallon of "Gnatrol" solution which is a bacteria that kills gnat larvae. Well, being the non observant person that I am, I watered the pot with the gnatrol. Then i smelt a rotting flesh smell. I realized that the gallon jug of gnatrol had been out for like 3 weeks and had started rotting. I quickly flushed the pot with tap water untill the rotting smell was gone from the pot. I also took it out of the humidity to dry out for a little while.

Do you all think that my seedlings are in danger of rotting since I introduced rotting bacteria solution to the pot. Should I re-pot them with new soil? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

O boy :unsure:

I personally have no idea, but depending on how quickly you acted maybe they will be okay? As long as it was a really good flush that you gave them..

Someone else will be able to give more accurate reply then me.

Fingers crossed for you.

I acted extremely quickly. It was maybe on there for like 30-60 seconds and then i quickly went and let water run through the pot for like 5 minutes.

Edit: More like 2 minutes actually. It was a good flush though. Probably took out a ton of water soluble nutrients from the soil with it.

Edited by hostilis

you'd have to guess that whatever was rotting the solution isn't the kind of bacteria responsible for nursery rot.

you'd have to guess that it'll probably be fine but keep humidity and moisture down for a while.

i don't want to get your hopes up only to find that tomorrow morning your plants are a pile of slimey black fibre but yeah, plant pathogenic bacteria doesn't compete terribly well with other soil bacteria. your chances would be even better if the plants were in thriving, living soil rather than potting mix.

i'm sure there's a procedure you could use along the lines of a dunk in a bleach solution but i don't know how safe that is, probably less safe than taking your chances.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

My soil has live trichoderma/mycorrhizae growing in it. It isn't in the inert soil that i initially start the seedlings in anymore, and the seedlings are like 4 months old and doing very well. I think It should be fine. I'm still going to keep them a bit dry for a couple weeks just incase. Maybe it will kill of the larvae. Hehehe.

Edited by hostilis

well i used the "mosquito bits" a dry BT product that you just sprinkle on the soil and water

it in and the seedlings overgrew with white and sticky black spore fungus, so much that even

seedlings were buried in it, and they did fine... only time will tell tho I suppose anything could

have gotten in the bottle... In dry form that stuff stinks I avoid breathing it so I can imagine that

in liquid form it can get rank lol

Don't think that this will be a problem. In nature, animals take a dump on plants all the time and they don't really mind. Foul water isn't really great but they´ll live.

• Like 2

TPQC x TMP seedlings

I think you should immediately ship your seedlings off to me to recover and bask in the warm sunshine for several months....

here's a crappy pic of some of nitro's seedlings, (TRQC x TPM included) being hard grown in clay soil, full sun, and whatever else mother nature throws at them...

post-3765-0-77124000-1392140578_thumb.jp

animals take a dump on plants all the time and they don't really mind.

How do you know they dont really mind, have you ever communicated with a plant on their feelings of being shat upon? :wink:

post-3765-0-77124000-1392140578_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-77124000-1392140578_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe i should take a shit on them. It might cancel out the bacteria from the rotting liquid. Yep, that's what i'll do.

Edited by hostilis

Here's a very detailed diagram of this ground breaking scientific research I have been doing. You have to eat some taco bell before doing this so that it's not so... solid.

post-12824-0-90028900-1392153546_thumb.p

post-12824-0-90028900-1392153546_thumb.png

post-12824-0-90028900-1392153546_thumb.png

• Like 8

Lol, I'm intrigued by your research and look forward to the results. Trich seedlings sure are resilient and I would bet yours will be fine. These are T. terschekii seedlings I germ'ed in a baggy and failed to check on for about a month. The fungi were loving it, but the seedlings are fat and happy today

post-14425-0-53272900-1392157130_thumb.j

post-14425-0-66240400-1392157142_thumb.j

post-14425-0-53272900-1392157130_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-66240400-1392157142_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-53272900-1392157130_thumb.jpg

post-14425-0-66240400-1392157142_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

taco bell is kinda harsh man, have respect for nature

ur supposed to drop a log and let it roll

its a numbers game brah

ya might lose one or two, but whatever is left is true blue!

they will benefit from all the natural mycorhizzle muh dizzle

so Bean Ice... just eat beans and quinoa for 24 hours before you shit on a baby plant god

no vitamins no supplements, no prescription drugs, no sex with a hooker, no frozen pizza

by all means, avoid the acid shits... thats just not right man... get regular

WHOLE FOOD = WHOLE SHIT

the wisdom of the dog, always looking up... why? cause "Roof Roof!"

drumroll*

• Like 2

Thanks , I think I'm beginning to understand the basic concept , but there are so many little details I have to work out .

Maybe the more solid dingleberries could be used as like a top layered slow release dressing ? This has been very helpful.

• Like 1