The Corroboree
gtarman

Wanted: Purple-fleshed sweet potato...and Yacon

Heya guys and gals.

I'm looking for some of the purple-fleshed sweet potato and some Yacon to grow in the ol' veggie patch.

SweetPotatoPurple.png

YaconTubers01.png

Anybody have some spare? Got a few things I can trade in return, or can always pay cashola as well. PM me and my people can talk to your people.

Edited by gtarman

Thanks for reminding me that I have to send some Yacon to someone. I'll send you some too if you like.

• Like 2

Cheers for the offer frozen, but I reckon getting it to the Australian side of the ditch would be more hassle than it's worth. Then again with the cuts to biosecurity jobs you could probably label it as rocket seeds and they wouldn't have a clue lol.

But Halcyon Daze should have me sorted for Yacon now :)

Anybody out there itchin' to give me some purple sweetness yet?

I would just buy some from the shop and plant them

At my local organic shop they have purple skin white flesh, heap yummy.. you have inspired me to to get some to plant next time i'm in town

Haiwain sweet potato is sold at coles and woollies. Or you can get it at the markets.

I've got slips for it if you want. I can make a cutting with the other one?

• Like 1

You mean the one with the purple flesh, not just skin? I've never seen it at a Coleworths :scratchhead:

But if you do have it, that would be super awesome :lol:

yeah its marketed as Hawaiian sweet potato. white skin purple flesh its in the ones near me. Or try the markets the venders always have them of late. I've got a few plants in pots I was using for slips you can have its vigours, long vining.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks man I'm well keen. After the last couple days I think the prospect of some Hawaiian sweet potato is just the ticket haha.

If I end up getting the Yacon I can sling you a bit down the line too if you're interested.