The Corroboree
Dreamwalker.

Everyone 'is now polluted'....who didn't know this?

Everyone 'is now polluted'

Virtually every human being on Earth can now be considered physiologically and biochemically polluted by human-made chemicals,

1x1.gif Explore further: Call for national approach on kids' cancer exposure

More information: www.cleanupconference.com/

Provided by CRC for Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Tetraethyllead - One of those beautiful chemicals that's in absolutely every person in the world by now, and they're still using it in aviation fuel - go figure... Also - the burning of heavy fuel oil in cargo ships dumps the same amount of emission into the air every week as the entire planets fleet of cars dumps in a year... Nice article OP!

• Like 1

As a keen cyclist who likes to commute, I have no choice but to breathe in all the byproducts of petrol and diesel combustion. The number of people who think they have climbed the evolutionary ladder by 'flooring it' in cars, such as Skylines astounds me. These people should be taxed based on the accumulative level of pollution they produce.

• Like 3

As a keen cyclist who likes to commute, I have no choice but to breathe in all the byproducts of petrol and diesel combustion. The number of people who think they have climbed the evolutionary ladder by 'flooring it' in cars, such as Skylines astounds me. These people should be taxed based on the accumulative level of pollution they produce.

There should be a true carbon tax (and expanded to other pollutants). Oh man, the other day i copped a massive lungful of bus exhaust on my bike. Blerrrrr

Our slowness in responding to the scientific evidence is hard to explain

Sounds familiar :scratchhead:

in Austria, the more ccm your engine has the more tax, you pay, hardly anybuddy drives a mustang... :(

• Like 2

I have an even better idea. Make them pay taxes for the shit they put in the air and then randomly screen cars to ensure they have not done 'hot mods' to their exhaust after a pre-tax inspection. If the emissions are found to be way statistically above the measured value (with allowences for error) then heavy fines and penalties should apply. The monies acrued could be invested in greener technologies.

Some plants can bio-accumulate toxins - Willow is a great example - which makes me wonder whether we can develop plant based ways to treat environmental toxicity.

Like a plant-based tea that would strip poisons from our blood.

I guess you could always take a tablespoon full of activated charcoal every day :)

Any other ideas?

Dandelion root, Milk Thistle, Burdock root - doesn't taste too bad either :)

Yeah there are plenty of herbs that will detoxify, even just chlorophyll is a good detox agent.

Bentonite clay is another good one for internal use, it also works externally to draw crap out of boils and wounds ect.

One of the fastest detox agents is EDTA chelation therapy. It's my understanding that chelate (pronounced keelate) gets it root meaning from the Greek - chele meaning claw. In mugs terms the chelation agent hooks or claws onto toxins and binds them so they can excreted.

• Like 2

Yeah there are plenty of herbs that will detoxify, even just chlorophyll is a good detox agent.

Bentonite clay is another good one for internal use, it also works externally to draw crap out of boils and wounds ect.

One of the fastest detox agents is EDTA chelation therapy. It's my understanding that chelate (pronounced keelate) gets it root meaning from the Greek - chele meaning claw. In mugs terms the chelation agent hooks or claws onto toxins and binds them so they can excreted.

But how do you know the right balance?...................I guess to much chelation could deplete your body of certain micro-nutrients..........and theres so many different things your want to remove..................take 'A' to remove the fire retardent.......'B' to remove the teflon............(which aparently we all have)....................and an endless list....not to mention evil GE's..................the best I think you can do is fine a little corner somewhere......as far away as you can from the high concentration zones (cities, industry)..............and grow you own.........................

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 1

That's certainly an issue, chelation therapy can deplete minerals so it's normally used for acute problems such as heavy metal poisoning or severe arterial problems.

For the most part it seems to be very safe, but it's never a long term treatment. It's normally done in cycles and mineral suppliments are taken in the off stage of the cycle.

Bentonite clay is normally a short term thing or used in cycles as well.

Dandelion root, Milk Thistle, Burdock root - doesn't taste too bad either :)

Dandelion and burdock soft drink kicks arse! i have only seen it in the UK, anyone know if we have it here?

• Like 1