The Corroboree
gtarman

Giant sunflower seed giveaway, 3 packs

^^ they're still only about a foot high atm - planted about a month ago but it's the middle of winter and all

I was thinking a competition might spring up haha. I know there's a few people who were keen. I already know that Anodyne has a secret weapon....

Pfft... not much of a secret weapon any more, is it? I should've saved the big giveaway until after the comp, now I'm gonna have to rely on my smack-talking pumpkin-growing sunflower-growing skills alone.

• Like 3

Not so much smack talk in the sunflower thread :) it's the gentlepersons comp :) everyone will sit down and have a cup of tea at the end and say how well each other has done :) u can't really smack talk sunflowers :/

• Like 4

I receivd the seeds today.

Thanks gtarman :)

• Like 1

u can't really smack talk sunflowers :/

That sounds like a challenge!

p.s. thankyou for the seeds gtarman :)

• Like 2

Just a heads up for anyone looking at importing sunflower seeds into Australia. They are a prohibited import and you can get into trouble. That being said if anyone has seeds at the end of the season I would be keen. If any of your plants show disease I would hope that you dispose of them appropriately.

• Like 1

So I just thought I'd give a quick update - these are flowering now and have reached their full height give or take a few inches. The picture and description from eBay can only be described as completely false.

They are still a bit tall - all of them flowered at around 2 meters high, but given the initial description and quoted dimensions...yeah, lies. Flowers are regular-to-smallish in size. These are just ordinary sunflowers that are a little taller than your average. Still, nothing wrong with sunflowers...they've still managed to brighten me up a bit.

• Like 1

what did the seeds look like? Giants are striped generally. Sometimes its the time of year they are grown too. I by from Atlantic pumpkin seeds Australia. So far I have been very happy with the quality of what they sell.

Yeah they were stripey ones. People seem to still be impressed...and I guess 2 metres is still impressive if you've never seen the real giants before.

I think the problem is just dodgy eBay sellers in this instance - they can get away with it, because by the time the thing actually matures it's a couple months down the track and you can't leave feedback for it anymore, so they can pretty much just make whatever claims they want without consequence. I'm almost tempted to buy them again just so I can give them what they deserve. There wasn't even a proper report function for an archived sale :-/