The Corroboree
Horus

San Pedro on the big screen.

This came up on the radar today.

Young people getting on a cactus brew as the movies plot.

Apparently they actually had a brew during the filming.

• Like 3

FFS! They just had to depict them stealing the cactus didn't they... energy pebbles aint gonna do shit when they've stolen someone's beloved cactus

:(

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 4

^lol

hey bog,there's this pizzeria near us with a massive clump of pedrocactoose in the front,near where you walk in.

The guy one day out of the blue, looks at me and says" Hey man, do you like plants?"

"Yes", i says

he says,

"Hey everytime you come to get the pickup, i see you looking at that cactus plant"

i says, "Yeah, it's pretty"

he says, "well you can have some man, better than just i come to work and see someone has cut pieces of it in the night"

eyes in full vision see the eyes that see them

still will see the movie though, that cera dude makes me laugh.

""when do you get off?"

"Um , never, i'm a slave"

• Like 3

Interesting.. not so much about SP in the pop culture.

When I was introduced to it I was told by this totally awesome older gentleman to keep the knowledge on the down low. I guess I have done that and I wonder now if that etiquette was a pearl of wisdom especially in these trying times. Certainly I have not found SP reflected anywhere close to the same extent as other prominent cross-cultural entheogens with similarly profound activity profiles.

I'll watch this movie (providing I remember) as a cultural oddity if nothing else. Interesting find..

Looks interesting

Can anyone help with a torrent link ?

Am i the only one wishing that they had simply written it into the plot line that one of the characters owned the cactus (inherited it from a grandparent even?) and willingly offered it for consumption? ...And then they could all become inspired by their experience, and begin collecting cacti and growing them from seed themselves! And then there could be a scene at the end, 20 years down the track where it shows they have all grown into wise ethnobotanical gardeners who respect themselves and all other beings!

... Way to set the precedent.

I think publicly visible pedros everywhere are gonna be hacked to death because of this movie

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 5

there's enough publicly viewable pedros to go around I think.

Michael Cera didn't get high off the brew, Gabby Hoffmann did though

Juno star Michael Cera and actress Gabby Hoffmann got high for real on the set of new movie Crystal Fairy after sipping potent mescaline for a mindbending scene in the Chilean desert.
The two stars drank local brew San Pedro to prepare for the trippy scenes and Hoffmann admits the experience was amazing.
She tells WENN, “I’m on a constant journey of confronting and partaking in many various ways… and we just drank the San Pedro. We weren’t on drugs any other day (on set). We didn’t have to take it but I chose to; I wanted to.
“We were gonna have a day before we were filming where we all did it and then we’d decide if we wanted to shoot on it. I, from the get-go, was like, ‘I’m shooting on it!’ We didn’t have that preparatory day because we lost the time so I said, ‘Why don’t we shoot my day first ’cause I’m just one person and if it goes terribly awry it’s only one performance that’s gonna be affected?’
“I don’t have to interact with anybody and I had a fairly easy job to do once I was high. So the boys (Cera and their co-stars) took it the next day. There were two different batches cooked and the batch I took, I actually took two doses because I didn’t think it worked because I think it was cooked differently.
“The cactus you see us preparing and cooking (in the film); that’s what we drink. The boys took a different batch the next day and they all insisted they didn’t feel a thing! I drank it at eight in the morning and it lasted pretty much the whole day. I’ve never taken Peyote or San Pedro and everybody said it’s kind of like mushrooms… I did feel nauseous but only for a half an hour. I felt great throughout.
“As the sun was setting I was sort of coming down. It was fantastic. I was tripping in the gorgeous Chilean desert under the bright sun with wild flowers bursting all over the place and my naked body under the sky. I loved every second of it!”
But Cera had a different experience: “It was underwhelming. It didn’t work for anybody but Gabby and there had been a big build-up. We were driving around for a week in Chile, talking about it and thinking about it. It felt to me like a nice glass of Riesling.”
And the actor admits he’s a little worried about the reaction the film will get from drug users: “I am a little nervous about people who just smoke meth and coming up, ‘You made that movie for us!’”
  • Like 2

Just seen it... pretty interesting to say the least. 

Several inconsistencies, but it gradually won me. I hated the fact they stole the cactus, but I guess its part of making the main character more or less a bit of arsehole and unlikable. 

Makes a fucking point, that's for sure.