The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glimpse

I (do)nt want to start a shitfight about government spending.....

I dont want to start a shitfight about government spending but i was hoping that a tuned in SABer could maybe point me to somewhere I could get some easy to follow (pie charts are nice :) ) info that breaks down the way the current or past australian gov spends taxation revenue especially the income tax part of it.

i fucking hate paying for housing of refugees, useless prick benefits, indigenous services and healthcare.

i fucking hate paying for housing of refugees, useless prick benefits, indigenous services and healthcare.

is there a useless prick benefit? is it income tested? ill have to get me some of that :)

Thanks Qal, Interesting that the total income tax amount on one chart is placed in the same area and the same colour as the social security/welfare amount on the other chart.

I would love to see an itemised breakdown of the 92 million on general gov services

I am not going to jump into this debate but i would like to know why you believe this statement "ridiculous amount of money teachers, nurses and other critical elements of our society receive". What is your idea of a ridiculous amount of money? Average nursing salary $79,000. Highest salary-scale classification of classroom teacher – Salary Step 13 ( NSW 2011) $84,759

Cheers

Got

^^^^^^so you think teachers and nurses earn 'more' than enough

I thought that to GOT when I first read it but I think he ment ridiculously low amount of money.

My 2 cents

Teachers & nurses & ambos, rescue etc etc dont actually receive enough money!

The hours,conditions & what they deal with.....

Just from what I have seen & from my first hand experience of living with & working with these people.

Just saw your new post so wont rant on.....

Thanks Qal, Interesting that the total income tax amount on one chart is placed in the same area and the same colour as the social security/welfare amount on the other chart.

Agreed, trying to cover up the fact that they collected 22 billion more in income tax than they gave out as welfare.

I would love to see an itemised breakdown of the 92 million on general gov services

Me too. Given that unis have been told to find a 2% efficiency saving to justify the small portion of the 32 billion of education money they collect I'd like to see general government services do the same.

Edit: I can use words, really.

sorry yes i did mean low

:lol: I agree a lot of four year trained personal do not get paid enough considering what an unskilled laborer and a tradesman can get these days.

On that note I will tuck my soapbox under my arm and head to the nearest exit. :)

Cheers

Got

Wow that social security and welfare is enormous! That makes me much happier with the state of society. Health might be bigger, but defense is tiny to what I imagined it.

Apart from General Government Services (???) I think that's a pretty reasonable breakdown of spending, actually.

As far as taxation goes though, I think individual taxation is way to high. The corporations should pay much higher tax than individuals to make up the balance.

Thanks qualia, always wanted to check these things out for myself and never knew where to look :worship:

I have absolutely no complaints about my earnings being garnished for the housing of refugees, unemployment benefits, indigenous services and healthcare etc. and I am sick to the backteeth of the standard (usually racist) today tonight line of "I work to pay these (insert colourful descriptive ie. lazy, qeue jumper, dole bludger etc) c%$#s f%$#@!^% incomes.

Agreed. The few times I have really desperately needed welfare though I haven't been able to access it. This is bad.

It would be nice to see a breakdown of actual welfare spending to see where it goes, I have a feeling single women with multiple kids might be a huge recipient, which I don't blame the kids for but I do have issues with women who take more from society than they give. I come from the UK though and its a massive problem over there, no idea how it pans out in Australia.

i bust my guts 4 tha farmers crying poor!! they whinge too much !! i work sum weekends and public hols 4 the same rate!!!

shitte pay and high tax!! horticulture rates r fuked :devil: mayb not related haah but fuk i have had a shit day><

absolutely whitewind It would be nice to see businesses and corporations pay a fair share of taxes

I dont know how much single mothers get from the gov but I know that the bugger all I got each fortnight for my time on the rocknroll is a drop in the ocean compared to the tax I have paid and will continue to pay over the years and I'm under no illusion that their will continue to be a pension in 35-40years when i retire (alhtough retirement age will probably have been pushed up to about 95 by then)- yes bullit venting is good!

most people who live on benefits or pensions of some sort would live from week to week with all the money going straight back into circulation ie rent, shopping, pokies etc. so dosent the government get a lot of it back anyway :scratchhead:

I am interested to know what taxes you think business pay now and what effect it would have on the economy and employment if we raised the taxes a substantial amount.

Cheers

Got

I'm sorry Got I dont know much tax every business pays now but would i be mistaken in thinking that it is a lot easier for a business to write off something as a tax write off than it is for an individual to do same

Whaaaaaaaaa. Nurses need more money like 10yrs ago. I find it an insult that I make 20g's more a year than an average unenrolled nurse. I move a bit of grain around on a conveyor belt, these men and women are wiping arses, cleaning up god knows what bodily fluids, getting bashed by dementia payments and working fuked up shift work. We NEED good nurses. IMO one of the most important and underpaid Nd under appreciated jobs in this country. If I could elect where my tax goes I'd bump half into nurses super, and the other half for marijuana decriminalisation activism.

I really don't want any of my tax money going toward bullets for shooting little brown people so we may take over their resources and have cheaper petrol. That part sucks!! I'd be happy to pay for a gold and diamond encrusted 22-250 hollow point for mr.abbots forhead no qualms at all.

oh hai! who's excited about the budget!?!?

here's a handy interactive chart, courtesy of your abc (that extra 30mil going to good use?)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-09/interactive-budget-2013-where-will-your-tax-go/4682404

"General purpose inter-government transactions $52.4 billion"

:huh:

She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie; cocaine.