The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Skulking Lurker

Seeds from overseas

I've never obtained seeds from overseas before, so I'd like a little knowledge of others experience. I guess it is now much harder to do, with recent events, and new detection equipment, than it was years ago.

What would happen if I was unaware of the status that a particular seed held locally, and it was stopped from coming in ?

Would it be simply destroyed, and I be notified ?

Would I face authoratative issues ?

if aqis seize the seeds they'll send a letter telling you that you're very naughty. packages are more prone to being grabbed on the way in than letters. for this reason if i'm sending a lot of seeds overseas and i don't want them intercepted i'll send them in a series of letters.

What would happen to someone trying to obtain the particular variety that a Canadian supplier claims can be sent from the southern continent of the americas?

I don't know how unspecific I should be when chin-wagging. :confused: But I have to find out, before mistakes are made.

many will debate the merits of what you're attempting to do but a certain retailer appears to be reliable, i'm yet to see someone indicate a scam afoot. if the package is opened you'll lose 'em, after that i'm not sure how aqis will react to that particular plant - given its status. now would be the optimum time for tort to chime in because i'm positive he has an answer.

There is quite a bit of info on this already on these forums. Search!

keep in mind that two authorities deal with imports. One is quarantine who are relatively harmless when it comes to penalties.

The other is customs, who will screw you over any chance they get. The result is often a drug conviction, for silly things like iboga seeds or poppy seeds.

Only Cannabis and Erythroxylum seeds are illegal to possess in australia. However, a whole lot is illegal to import, such as erythroxylum, morning glory, peyote, ephedra, woodrose, etc.

I think that answers your question re canada

interesting.......a pen pal i chat with ordered from the canadians, the really interesting seed :) ........it was post marked from australia..........

chin wag in progresss................

oh god it still goes on.

i'm very happy to sell anyone morning glory plants for $22.

also see mandrake seeds for more than that price.

if he's doing good buisness maybe carpe is right that the online forums are not representative of entheogen interest in oz?