The Corroboree

wow, i didnt know the state of thing at this point in time. i have been an avid reader and follower of that wonderful couple for some time now. i will have to try to spare some money, for me, no easy task on my income right now, but i guess i will find a way.

there are many things i dont like about the way that was written, not the least of which is the many multiple parragraph long questions asked of me, but the lack of honour and grace she retains and expresses while expecting just that of others. i almost gave up reading all her utter bull*hit, but knowing how valuable this couple is, i got through it. and, as i said will find a way to eat less than the nothing i can afford to eat right now or do without something else to show i care.

why oh why is all the rage about mdma, possibly the shittiest compound they ever made? i just dont get it. sure it was nice and touching but crist, i think its far from the best i have tried in my past life =) anyhow, i hope a few folks here can help out some too. all the best to them and us all =)

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of guilt tripping and many in the psychedelic community aren't that well off themselves, she is fully blaming the community for the fact that they don't have enough money to pay the bills! That's just wrong. If people can afford to help out, good. If not, it's not your fault

• Like 1

I personally did not feel guilt tripped but to be honest I have not been an avid follower of the Shulgins and have only seen a few videos / interviews myself... Frankly I owe alot of my thanks to Gordon Wasson but not only is he long gone but I also think he was a douche LOL
But I only know the cover stories so far...

I see what you mean after reading again.. perhaps she went too far that direction but let that be a reflection of her personality type rather than anything to do with the shulgins... .I only have about 7 or 8 bux myself atm (which is not promised away).. so im in no place to really contribute anything meaningful but I eventually will and I know alot of ppl here appreciate the shulgins contributions so I wanted to share.. but perhaps It would have been nicer to share their own link
which can be found at the bottom of the page..

http://www.shulginresearch.org/home/donate/ <<< so there it is...

as for why they didn't make a huge stockpile of g00dies and stay rich... well... I can imagine it has alot to do with the huge spotlight they brought on themselves by doing all the things they did.... I have never been involved in anything that dangerous per se, but I certainly know the feeling and the crude nature of people, and also how difficult it is to find truly trustworthy people in western society... I frankly gave up and thats when I started finding some...

I still give her kudos for bringing some attention to the situation, though I can understand the sentiment... it was not only here on sab either lol but my bad its just the first I heard of anything... I knew Shulgin ran around in some wealthy circles in his day so I never imagined he would have any finanical issues... but as for my financial lacking, I take full responsibility for that... my circumstances, my challenges, my life, my fault... oh well, just gotta do what I gotta do ...

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

I can't imagine anyone here who hasn't benefitted directly or indirectly from the Shulgin's work

Whether you've enjoyed MDMA at a party, been the recipient or close to a recipient of someone who has undertaken MDMA therapy and seen positive effects. Whether you have been inspired by Sasha's thorough, scientific approach to both the chemistry and distribution of his results, or been encouraged by the processes he has had to endure to keep his work on track ( think the lack of consultatin in changes to his compliance requirements which led to the DEA raids etc )... there are so many more examples where he has been an inspiration to many

This forum was inspired by Sasha's work and is in some respects a continuation of it. Personally I have been inspired to continue in my research because of his dedication and thoroughness

If you choose not to donate, that's one thing. But being in denial about being the beneficiary of his legacy is ridiculous

I just realised that my donations have been going to CaringBridge by accident. The page links are ambiguous and I don't think this is deliberate. And CaringBridge have mentioned on their webpage, so please take good notice

FOR DONATIONS PLEASE ONLY USE THE PAYPAL BUTTON ON THE PAGE http://www.shulginresearch.org/home/donate/

The healthcare system in the US is pathetic. I've seen it first hand and I can't believe that a nation which claims to be civilised puts people through that wringer at times of crisis. Even if you have health care and believe you have coverage there are situations which can change your coverage and you risk losing everything just to stay alive. For most of us here this is unimaginable

Edited by Darklight

I donated a little, not much but i hope it'll add.

It is sad to think that if Shulgin's compounds were used as therapeutic tools as they should instead of being pushed in illegality, the Shulgins would never have had any money issues !

I read on the Shulgin's site that Sasha has some good results with Hydergine, the compound made by Albert Hofmann !

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I believe anyone who can should donate, I also believe that you should campaign for a proper health system for the US (I have, albeit in a minor fashion). I also value the Shulgin's input a great deal. I just disliked the tone of the post which seemed to lie the blame at the door of the community, when clearly it's the American health system which is at fault

• Like 1

/ double post

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

hmm, i wonder if inhibiting MAO everyday to some degree could make us age a tad slower? at least in appearance. seems to be the case with those old aya shamans hey?

• Like 1