The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
planthelper

too much rain bitching

my heart goes out to all the farmers, as they must have enormous losses.

papaya and avocados are dieing although they are planted on hills!!

imagen loosing your orchard, which would take 14 years or so to get into production again.

only good thing i have to say is, that in my garden everything died with yasi already, and my only survivor (nl) is dieing now.....so not much more can die....

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

hmm, perhaps there is a benifit to my "hard is cement earth" after all? the water just runs off and takes whats left of my topsoil along with it, to be replaced with horse shit and grass clippings. sory to hear about your loss PH, that hurts im sure. id go mad i think. all the best mate.

yeap!! the farm i work on r feelin it !! our avos r showing signs of stress , anthracnose has set in and we cant spray cause of tha rain .

we have buldozen 100s of trees tha last couple of years tha main reason is phtophthaora caused by too much rain , the plants just drown :blink: but the lychees/custards /maca nuts love this weather !!! i fucken hate it !!!!

PH, ill keep one of everything I was taking to to Sydney plant swap aside for you and post as soon as you can receive and start growing. Sorry to hear you've been cleaned out, I hope it's not as bad as what I am in visioning via your post!!!

Edited by thed00dabides

my heart goes out to all the farmers, as they must have enormous losses.

papaya and avocados are dieing although they are planted on hills!!

imagen loosing your orchard, which would take 14 years or so to get into production again.

only good thing i have to say is, that in my garden everything died with yasi already, and my only survivor (nl) is dieing now.....so not much more can die....

what about your catha strains PH!

any of those around, thought some pics were on your verandah?

I have some of your plants so when the start to sucker i can post one your way if its needed.

shame as i was about to message you about getting some more plants.

oh, you guy's are too good.

i kept my situation a bit unclear, so i say, no worries people, i only refered to my historic plantings.

my re plantings are still ok, i didn't wanted to mention them, for good reasons, but now i had to.

i did not mean, to come across like i lost all of my work, it's still a bitch though, because they were nice big plants.

another issue is, if there is a drought, the original plantings did much better, than the new flood proofed ones.

the flood proof plantings, are far more sensitive to drought, and need some irrigation, if ther is no rain.

i think they could die of water stress.

on a hill and with some shade, might be a more secure aspect.

• Like 2